: 1st Service Visit Planned to a dealer

Robby2006
04-20-06, 07:56 PM
Just wanted to find out what type of tire issues you guys had when you talk about the f1 tires wearing out. I am going to the dealer on Monday because of the bad wear on the front tires.

I have to go to a different dealer too, we have over half of the dealers in town on strike and the other half is ready to strike in about 1 week. :rant2: So I have no dealings with this dealer as of yet, I hope they treat me right....:confused:

The inside tread (about 1") is worn bald. The rest of the tire is fine, about 6/32 left on the rest of the tires.

I also have a shimmy in the steering wheel at freeway speed, nothing major but you can see it on the steering wheel.

When you guys talk about your F1 tires going bald are you talking about the whole tire across the tread pattern?

As anyone else had this type of tread wear? It had an alignment done less than 8k miles ago.

GT04CTS-V
04-20-06, 08:14 PM
The shimy is not normal, maybe a bent rim or tire unbalanced. I had my stock runflats replaced at 6500 miles with even wear across the entire tread. Uneven wear is a sure sign the alignment is off. I'll rule out tire pressure as a problem due to the TPS's.

GT

Robby2006
04-20-06, 08:24 PM
Thats what I was thinking that was the issue with most of you guys that the tire wear was even across the tire. I really think that the alignment is off or they put way to much neg. camber into it.

I am pretty sure that the shimmy is due to the wear on the tires.....

StealthV
04-20-06, 08:28 PM
Here's my first set of dead F1s. The second set will be dead by July. The third set are brand new, mounted on new stock wheels and ready to go... :)

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachments/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/13710-answer-f1-tire-life-dsc05163a.jpg?d=1127006513

Robby2006
04-20-06, 08:40 PM
Stealth was that a front tire? and was that the inside that was more round and worn.

StealthV
04-20-06, 08:42 PM
That's a rear and yes, the inside (left side of photo) was worn more than the outside.

atdeneve
04-21-06, 08:23 AM
I thought that people were generally finding the F1s to have uneven wear. No?

I also have uneven wear, with the inside middle tread showing excessive wear compared to the outer tread - just like what you seem to indicate, Robby. I had an alignment done not more than 2K miles ago (well, I got charged for one), so not really sure if it's the alignment or not. However, the front tires, which are the ones showing the uneven wear, were on for some time beforehand. The rears are relatively new, so I guess I'll have to wait and see.

NH Vrod
04-21-06, 09:44 AM
Hey stealth V, that's what my back tires looked like after 5000. miles, oh and buy the whay guys, GM just replaced them, no charge. :o)