: Installation of Michelin PS2s and TPIS Clutch

jlakowicz
04-20-06, 03:46 PM
I got rid of the stock tires and go 265/40/18 PS2s. They are wonderful. I never felt confident with the F1s, no cold traction and they were terrible off the line. The PS2s feel planted and are good off the line. The ride is smoother and they feel planted. I would never consider taking the F1s to a road course but I would trust the PS2s.

The TPIS clutch is a big improvement. I can't explain how, it is no stiffer, but it seems smoother and more predicatable.

Just wanted to offer this if any of you were making tire and clutch decisions. Joe

obzidian
04-20-06, 04:59 PM
could you elaborate more on the clutch? Lighter pedal feel? Revs faster? Revs drop off faster? Harder to get off the line.... things like that. How about the overall weight of the vehicle, seems lighter?

nikon
04-20-06, 07:28 PM
yes def more info on the clutch, and also where'd you buy how much?? did you need a spacer or anything?

jlakowicz
04-20-06, 08:17 PM
About getting off the line, no problem at all, if anything its easier. Peddle feel is nice, once its on the floor it takes less pressure to keep it there than to get it there. Smooth and progressive. I got it directly from TPIS and it comes with the needed spacer.

I can't say for sure about reving faster because the car was tuned at the same time. If I had to make a guess, yes its a slightly better throttle response, but not as great as an improvement as I wanted. The car feels real strong and overall there is some improvement but with all the weather chages its hard to know for sure, but yes it feels lighter. But don't expect a night and day change, just a little change.

The Tony Show
07-27-06, 12:07 PM
I revived this thread because I just finished the TPIS clutch, and the pedal feel is ridiculously light. It's disengaging fine, since it's going in to gear normally, but the effort to depress the pedal is almost nonexistant.

Can any other TPIS clutch users chime in here? Should I bleed the clutch again, or is it significantly easier to depress than stock?

thebigjimsho
07-27-06, 01:35 PM
I revived this thread because I just finished the TPIS clutch, and the pedal feel is ridiculously light. It's disengaging fine, since it's going in to gear normally, but the effort to depress the pedal is almost nonexistant.

Can any other TPIS clutch users chime in here? Should I bleed the clutch again, or is it significantly easier to depress than stock?Well, at least it means you're not light in the loafers. That's a plus.