: Headliner

supasweetride
04-20-06, 10:18 AM
ok so my baby needs a new headliner, BAD!! is this something that can be done without professional help or would it be best to se a professional? if so, where? I have a 87 Brougham, Blue. and right now the origional liner is pinned up with sewing push pins, but it wont hold muich longer!!!

caddieboy
04-20-06, 10:52 AM
I never understood what causes a headliner to fall. I wonder if I should tell people not to touch the headliner, as that's the only reason I can thing of for it to come off. That or it getting snagged when putting something into the car like 2x4s.

People always seem to want to touch the headliner for some reason.

As for the answer to your question, I imagine it's a job that isn;t very easy and yet not terribly expensive for a pofessional to do. I think some headliners, like in Volkswagon beetles, are easier to put in because I don't think they're stuck all over. And I haven't seen a headliner kit for caddies.

90Brougham350
04-20-06, 12:26 PM
Headliners can be replaced pretty easily and cheaply (no more than a couple hundred at most) by a lot of local shops. It's a routine job. If you want to tackle it yourself, be prepared for a slow and painful job, that is, if you want it to look good. Good luck!

Brian

zonie77
04-20-06, 08:33 PM
Is it the type with material glued to a cardboard shell? If so you can do it yourself but not a lot of fun.

Gotta pull it out, remove the cloth, clean the deteriorated foam off the cardboard, glue new foam, glue new cloth, reinstall.

I'd check shop prices.

supasweetride
04-21-06, 12:26 PM
yea its the foamy crap becuase it flies around when the windows are down. thanks for your help.