: Anyone have this problem?

SgtDriggs
04-20-06, 09:49 AM
When I go to work in the morning and drive over the speed bumps in my apartment complex, I hear a crunching sound coming from my front end. I thought it would be the shocks or struts but after the car warms up the sound doesn't happen again. I had the strut bushings in the front changed before. I took my car in to get the coolant reservoir changed because of a faulty sensor and asked them to check the front end. The mechanic did not notice anything wrong with the struts etc. I never heard of the struts, shocks, cv boot etc. that need to be warmed up. Anyone experience a similar sound?

carjunky25
04-20-06, 02:09 PM
I had a similar situation on my 2000 Sport. I replaced the sway bar end links and it took care of it. The dealer did it under original warranty, so I can't tell you what it will cost.

tlarwa
04-20-06, 08:40 PM
I had the same problem and replacing the sway bar links took care of it. I bought them off ebay for $50 or $60 each (can't remember exactly) and replaced them myself in about an hour. It's a piece of cake.

SgtDriggs
04-21-06, 12:35 AM
Thanks for your responses. I will look into buying the sway bar end links or even taking the catera to a mechanic since I have an extended warranty (0 down 3 yr or 36 thousand miles).......................................thank god.:)