Cadillac Owners Forum banner

"Cracked" Cue Display Screen

20K views 37 replies 26 participants last post by  RudyF6 
#1 ·
So, today was the hottest day in Atlanta so far this year...and since I bought my CTS last November. My car sat in my work parking lot for 9 hours today, closed windows and closed sunroof shade. I got in it, and drove to the gym, about 40 minutes. I had the air on, but nothing extreme. When I came out of the gym, the screen on my cue display is "cracked" on the bottom right corner, sort of in a circular pattern...definitely "under" the glass (if that's what the material actually is).

Has this happened to anybody else? I'll be going to the dealer tomorrow, but I thought I'd ask here, because I'm a little mad about it tonight!

Thanks!

#2 ·
I recently had to get my screen replaced due to the "touch" feature not working along the bottom edge (AC vents and radio presets).
I live in southeast La. so I know how hot it gets in a parked car but I haven't heard of any units cracking. The screen comes with the secret compartment as
a entire unit, So if you have anything of value in the area behind the door you had better remove it when the dealer repairs it. When I picked my car up after
the repair I opened the flip door and it was empty. When the repair guy replaced it he didn't look in the compartment to see if anything was in it. They still had the
old one and I was able to get my stuff from it. I thought it would only be the screen alone that would be replaced, Not the entire center stack.

#3 ·
Hello billrat,

We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience with your Cue screen, but are happy to hear that you will be visiting the dealership today. Please keep us updated on your experience and feel free to reach out to us directly should you need further assistance with this concern.

Sincerely,

Samantha N
Cadillac Customer Care

#6 ·
Just had my QUE screen start to shatter right before my very eyes. My wife and I got in the car at about 9 am here in Ft Worth and the temp was about 80 degrees. The car had been in the garage all night so was not hot inside. We turned on the AC immediately and within about an hour of
driving I noticed a small crack at the lower right corner of the screen. As we continued we could literally see more cracks appearing and eventually had a two inch spider web shatter pattern on the screen. I contacted the dealer today to get it repaired. I'm not crazy about QUE to begin with and this doesn't help.

#11 · (Edited)
Bought my 2016 SRX, Performance Edition, last day of January 2018. Have the car fax report as a dealer used loaner. Had a small mark on the right side, upper edge of screen so figured someone bumped it. Read the instructions and have a micro-fiber cloth in the side door for cleaning marks off it. Within a couple weeks under the (BACK) spot I saw a small double mark and it was under the surface: It was on the back side of the front screen, not something to clean off the front with the cloth. It has been steadily growing since February and today it now has feather etching radiating from the two small marks. Not only that, there is now a circular, feathered line inside on the back, bottom right hand corner of the screen as you face it. These are fracture lines not coming from irresponsible use or neglect; it's a parts defect. And I just updated to the 2018 Navigation Maps which they don't give away. I'm wondering if 22,000 miles and warranty might get it repaired. Everything else is great. In fact this year model is much better then my 2011 SRX. Love it except for this CUE problem which seems to be a nationally recognized problem by Cadillac owners.

#15 ·
My understanding is they are refurbished units just like the one you have that cracked. Mine stopped responding to touch several months ago. I had mine replaced then and no problems since, keeping my fingers crossed. Others have had this issue too. Not sure of the percentage of CUE systems out there that have these issues as I am only privy to the ones on this forum that have had this issue. I am hoping the percentage is relatively low and that I will not experience this again with the replacement. I still have about 1 1/2 years on my warranty and plan to purchase an extended warranty to cover this very possibility among a few other costly issues that may or may not occur after factory warranty is over. Even if I only get my money back for the extended warranty over the life of IT then I consider it money well spent. Either way it will cost me to fix either with the purchase of the warranty or not. The redeeming factor with purchasing the extended warranty is if some unknown issue occurs that is covered, more the better.

#17 ·
Interesting. I just picked up a used 2016 CTS. When I was looking around, one of the cars I saw had this cracked screen from the lower right corner. The crack was on the inside and in a radial pattern. When I test drove the car I eventually bought, the screen was perfect. A couple days later when I picked up the car, the salesman told me that somehow the screen cracked and when I looked at it was exactly the same pattern as the other car that I had looked at. I'm bringing it the car back to the dealer next week and they are replacing it. To hear so many of the same story, it must be a defect?

#21 ·
Just purchased a replacement CUE system from GM Parts House.com https://www.gmpartshouse.com/radio-upgrades-replacement-cadillac-cue-radio-cue1316

It will arrive USPS on 11/09/2018. I purchased the screen protector for $ 15.00 more in hopes that it will curb the finger prints on the screen itself and the extended 3 year warranty for $ 200.00. That brought the total costs for the unit $ 1064.99 with FREE SHIPPING. I will let everyone know how this system compares to my old CUE system and update you with the details after I reinstall it this weekend.

#22 ·
There is a RESET to correct this problem but it didn't work for me.

Gentlemen,

https://www.gmpartshouse.com/radio-u...-radio-cue1316

Same story here on my 2014 CTS Luxury Sedan. I was cleaning the screen with a rag when after I cleaned off all of the fingerprints I noticed the screen looked cracked underneath. Then there was no finger response. Completely useless, couldn't operate the air conditioner, navigation, radio, nothing. I came to the Cadillac forums to find a solution and what I found was a replacement CUE System from GM PARTS HOUSE. Yeah it was a little pricey at $ 849.99 and I added the screen protector for $ 15.00 more and the 36 month warranty for an additional $ 200.00. I ordered it November 2, 2018 and it shipped in November 8th, 2018 USPS and I installed it yesterday by myself with the help of a You Tube Video from www.carstereoremoval.com and...............
Man this replacement CUE System is bad to the Bone. Everything it up to date, Navigation is waaay better with a current updated street index etc... I am extremely impressed and I didn't get GOOSED by my Cadillac Dealership for $ 1300.00 plus... Total out of pocket expense for the Cue replacement including the plastic pry tools I purchased off Ebay was $ 1072.99 and a few hours of my time. Thank you Cadillac Forums for making this all possible.

#26 ·
This is why I will purchase a GMEPP late summer 2020 right before my B2B expires. The cost is very reasonable and they will pay up to $3,500 for radio/cue repairs replacement. FWIW. I am in the process of purchasing an additional 5 years/40,000 miles on my 2016 C7 that has a September 2019 end of B2B. I only purchased 40,000 miles because I don't really drive it (1,050 miles now). Cost? $905 with no deductible. They even cover the Dampers on the Mag ride which are about a grand each. GMEPP is a GM product.

#27 ·
This just happened to my screen today. I first noticed a few small bubbles in the top left corner a couple weeks ago. Called the dealership and they said I was basically SOL because I’m out of warranty. It will be a minimum $1200 fix. Today was the first hot day of the year and between lunch and the end of my shift, it spread to about half the screen. Does anyone have a current part number? The link posted above by 36750177 isn’t working for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.