: Homie don't play that..

Sinister Angel
01-19-04, 10:33 PM
I don't need this shiz

http://miairsoft.proboards2.com/index.cgi?board=offtopic&action=display&num=1074470508

Don't wanna sound like a paranoid dilusional, but maybe I should just start acquiring firearms while I can...

Ralph
01-19-04, 11:18 PM
Relax, that is most likely propaganda, and someone's paranoid opinion. I've heard nothing of this and follow American news closely. If worse does come to worse, it will be in California where it will happen. You can always do what some did up here, buy some steel cylendrical tubes, with rubber end caps and bury them in your backyard! LOL. FYI, they have made certain types of firearms illegal here, but the Police and RCMP are refusing to arrest anyone because police themselves are law-abiding gun owners as well! Several Western Canadian Farmers and sport shooters have protested right on the Parlament steps in Ottawa holding their firearms, and still cannot get arrested! There is strength in numbers, and of the 30 million people in Canada, it has been estimated that 45 or 50% of households have firearms. When Ottawa releases numbers, it is much lower because when they imposed the new registration process (worthless for crime) the Govt. downplayed the numbers to make it look like firearm owners are a minority to scare people to conform. The West NEVER falls for that sort of thing! ;)

gothicaleigh
01-19-04, 11:43 PM
Sinister, are you a member of our militia?

banstyle
01-20-04, 12:46 AM
Nothing to see here, please move along.

The premise of this guy's post is pretty thin. Just because the Supreme court doesn't let a case in before them doesn't mean that everything the lower court said is true. If this ever reached supreme court through another case, this courts decision can be overturned.

There's more to it than just that, but I don't feel like writing that much. :p

All I have to say is: The revolution will not be televised.

Sinister Angel
01-20-04, 08:45 AM
Nothing to see here, please move along.

The premise of this guy's post is pretty thin. Just because the Supreme court doesn't let a case in before them doesn't mean that everything the lower court said is true. If this ever reached supreme court through another case, this courts decision can be overturned.

There's more to it than just that, but I don't feel like writing that much. :p

All I have to say is: The revolution will not be televised.

I was reading that on another page with info about the case prior to the supremecourt decision refusing to hear it. http://www.keepandbeararms.com/silveira/scotus.asp

Sinister, are you a member of our militia?
If the government decides to go wonky, everyone is.

tru504187211
01-20-04, 10:15 AM
Adding to my growing firearms collection at the end of the month at a show, and will continue to do so as long as I can. It's my right, the way the Second Amendment was most recently interperted. The meaning better not change with a newer, more liberal Supreme Court.

gothicaleigh
01-20-04, 10:50 AM
I was just asking because that first post you refered to sounds like the same unfounded anti-government sentiment that I have heard from some of it's members. The supreme court can not possibly see every case that is sent it's way. So ones like Silveira are tossed. The Silveira case has too many aspects attached to it. The vocal gun nuts out there only cry about the one that they perceive to be harmful to their cause and ignore the rest. The Supreme Court typically does away with overly complex cases.

As for that one aspect that worries 'the people'... Semi-automatic weapons are not protected under the constitution. What exactly do you need such a gun for? Anyone who needs to fire that many times in a row to take down an animal shouldn't be hunting. Of course a gun like that is only intended to hunt one animal. Human.

If the government decides to go wonky, everyone is.

If the government goes 'wonky' I'm not a part of of those crazies. I'll support a militia in this state when a real one is formed that is more than a glorified gun club.

HotRodSaint
01-20-04, 11:30 AM
Semi-automatic weapons are not protected under the constitution.
I love how the anti-gun special interest groups, along with the help of the liberal media, has now turned semi-automatic weapons into a deragotory term.

Isn't an old west revolver also semi-automatic?

HotRodSaint
01-20-04, 11:38 AM
Bolt action rifles

Bolt action rifle is a weapon, which requires a manual operation to reload a weapon prior to each shot. Term "bolt action" comes from the "bolt" - a part of the weapon that is used to feed cartridges into the chamber and to lock the barrel upon the fire. This part also is more generally known as "breech block", but the term "bolt" is usually referred to the longitudinally movable breech block. So, to fire each shot from bolt action rifle, one must manually unlock the bolt, open it to extract and eject spent case, close the bolt, feeding a fresh round into the chamber simultaneously, and then lock the bolt. When trigger is pulled, rifle goes off and another set of manipulations described above is required prior to the next shot can be fired. Bolt action rifles could be further divided in numerous sub-categories, such as single-shot or magazine-fed rifles, rotating bolt or straight pull bolt action rifles etc, but this will not be discussed here, at least for now.

First bolt action rifles appeared somewhere in the mid-XIX century, and first magazine fed bolt actions were adopted by the Swiss army in the 1870s in the form of the Vetterly-Vitaly rifle. Since then and until the end of the World War 2, bolt action rifles and carbines were the main individual infantry long arms.

It should be noted also, that the term "carbine" refers to shortened and lightened rifle, does not matter if it is bolt action or semi-auto.

Semi-automatic (self-loading) rifles

Semi-automatic rifles differ from the manual repeaters in fact that semi-automatics used some amount of the energy, generated by the each shot fired, to commence the reloading cycle (extract and eject the spent case, feed a live round and lock the action, cock the hammer or striker). Due to this, semi-automatic rifles are often referred as a self-loading rifles, too. So, as long as a cartridge supply to the action remains uninterrupted (magazine is not empty), gun will fire each time the trigger is pressed, without any other manual operations. However, when gun is loaded for the first shot, it usually requires at first manual loading cycle to be commenced. The key difference between automatic and assault rifles and semi-automatic rifles is that the semi-automatic rifle will fire exactly one shot per each trigger pull, while automatic (assault) rifle will continue to fire continuously as long as the trigger is pulled and cartridge supply to action is not interrupted. First semi-automatic rifles appeared at the end of the XIX century, but it was not until the 1930s when semi-automatics began to proliferate into the military service. The World Wars 1 and 2 gave a birth to the numerous design that were designed and issued to troops in 1930s - 1950s, but fast proliferation of the selective fire assault rifles made the day for semi-automatics in general military service.

tru504187211
01-20-04, 03:29 PM
Did Homie the Clown just get a Caddy and join the forum??

Ralph
01-20-04, 06:05 PM
[QUOTE=gothicaleigh]I was just asking because that first post you refered to sounds like the same unfounded anti-government sentiment that I have heard from some of it's members. The supreme court can not possibly see every case that is sent it's way. So ones like Silveira are tossed. The Silveira case has too many aspects attached to it. The vocal gun nuts out there only cry about the one that they perceive to be harmful to their cause and ignore the rest. The Supreme Court typically does away with overly complex cases.

As for that one aspect that worries 'the people'... Semi-automatic weapons are not protected under the constitution. What exactly do you need such a gun for? Anyone who needs to fire that many times in a row to take down an animal shouldn't be hunting. Of course a gun like that is only intended to hunt one animal. Human. END GOTH's quote

You must realize if criminals and those non-dogooders from the black market have them, then in a free country, why shouldn't you be able to?? Agression must be met with equal or greater force. If this were not the case, we would all be forced to say "Sig Hail" right about now.

Ifgiven the choice, I'd rather be shot AT by an untrained idiot wannabe with a full-automatic, than a humble hunter with one shot in a bolt action, that he knows he must make that one shot count! It all comes down to training, so don't just think that a semi or full auto is some kind of "Death Ray" that is the type of brainwashing the antis have been shoving down our throats for the last 20 tears. No firearm is a death ray, as you have a 76% chance of surviving if you are actually shot! (Professor Gary Gleck)

Why are good citizens that fight for what they believe in always called "crazies!?" This is even more offensive and insulting that being a firearm owner and having to deal with all the beurocratic(sp) BS.

Yes, we have the Bradys come up here once in a while to spread their fear, and crap, you can keep these idiots at the border IMO!

I am so sick of this discussion, people will never learn logic!