: Performance package

Davidstan
04-19-06, 03:18 PM
MTI offers their Stage 1 kit for the V and other LS1/LS2 cars and being a novice at mods like this wondered what you guys thought of this set up. I'm not sure what kind of car was dynoed in the graph. They are located in Atl.

Thx for your opinion.

http://www.mtiracing.com/artmaverick/stageiengine.html

Also, i have mentioned the forum to them and hopefully they can become a sponsor.

c5racr1
04-19-06, 07:11 PM
MTI makes a lot of power and makes some of the fastest cars.

rand49er
04-19-06, 09:13 PM
Did I read that right ... about a 50 rwhp gain for nearly $5.6k? No offense, but, seems a bit pricey.

I did headers, hi-flo cats, an extra PCM with a StealthV tune, and a Corsa for under $3.2k.

cash
04-20-06, 10:06 AM
I would agree that for that price power numbers are low.

CRZY747
04-20-06, 10:37 AM
MTI makes a lot of power and makes some of the fastest cars.

Yes that would be correct for the MTI in Houston Texas.

I have heard some bad things about the other MTI. Would watch who you send the car to. The other board has all kinds of information on who is a reputible shop to take the car to.

J

obzidian
04-20-06, 04:05 PM
Nolt to slam on the guys who brought out the air lid for the f-body and made may advancements in the ls1 community...

but they are, imo, over priced and a bit full of themselves.... kinda like a 350Z owner but one tht ACTUALLY knows the really meaning of datsun!!

Davidstan
04-20-06, 06:17 PM
I get the message. Is there anyone here in ATL that is a sponsor of our board that is recommended or anyone period in Atl that does a lot of GM performance stuff.