: Stoplight Switch PN 90563455 and now what?

frustratedinIA
04-19-06, 01:32 AM
So I have a new stoplight switch for my '97 Catera which has only 93,000 miles. I bought it three years ago with 53,000. My brake lights (all 3) were coming on out of the blue and staying on and running the battery down and I had to get a jump start about every other day. Over the weekend they were coming on more frequently and several times throughout the day/night. Finally, the stoplight switch was ripped out and I purchased a new one. Now the lights just won't go off --with the new switch in. Is there a relay somewhere or a way to reset something. I appreciate any help. Y'all give very helpful info. on this site!

frustratedinIA
04-20-06, 11:27 PM
Now the lights just won't go off --with the new switch in. Is there a relay somewhere or a way to reset something. I appreciate any help. Y'all give very helpful info. on this site!
I have read the posts on this topic and have tried adjusting the actuator and it doesn't work. If I leave the new switch in place the lights stay on permanently. If someone out there has any new suggestions I'd really like to hear from you. I am driving my mother inlaw's Chevy Impala and would much rather be driving my Cat.