: Detroit area V meet - May 7th?

Ryan's '05-V
04-18-06, 11:18 PM
I have PM'd a couple guys and wanted to post this to see what kind of turnout we can get.
I was thinking of Sunday May 7th say 1 or 2PM at Wild Woody's in Roseville off Gratiot just south of 14 Mile Rd. We may want to change the location and possibly the date based upon interest. I hope we can get a few guys together.

Please post your availability so we know who to look for.

Ryan

TripleOught
04-19-06, 06:34 AM
i was trying to get a cts detroit meet going but wasn't having much luck. i got a couple people interested, so if you wanted the regular cts's could meet you there also. personally, i live a couple miles from wild woody's (SCS) and wouldn't mind coming. i could snag 1 other guy for sure...4 possibly...

Ryan's '05-V
04-19-06, 07:45 AM
Sure, why not. I forgot to mention in my comments the CTS guys are welcome too.
I tried last year and we only had three of us meet so it would be nice to have a few more people. It can be a bit hard with various schedules but we will do the best we can.

ronr
04-19-06, 09:06 AM
I'm in.

rand49er
04-19-06, 09:10 AM
Ryan, count me in, I'm pretty sure. Sounds like an interesting place to meet ... oh, you eastsiders have one big long car strip in Gratiot Ave.

Hey, tripleought, love to have you guys! Last year, such-n-such from somewhere up near Grand Blanc was talking about coming (but didn't). Maybe we could get him to commit, too.

Flyboy
04-19-06, 09:15 AM
I'm scheduled to be in town....so count me in too.

Thanks Ryan:thumbsup:

ronr
04-19-06, 09:17 AM
Last year, such-n-such from somewhere up near Grand Blanc was talking about coming (but didn't). Maybe we could get him to commit, too.

That was me...had an unexpected trip to Europe last year but my calendar looks good for the 7th :bouncy:

TripleOught
04-19-06, 10:23 AM
well i'll do the necessary leg work for the cts guys and let them know. i should be able to scrounge atleast 4 guys up. woody's is tight, i'm not sure if they started their "every sunday car shows" yet, but that would be tight to roll in with a dozen caddys.

ah, yes...us east siders know all about gratiot. =) i'll keep you guys posted. i've been seeing some V's around town and i'm curious exactly where everyone is from...

kharmair
04-19-06, 10:43 AM
I should be in for the 7th.

SwampFox
04-19-06, 10:49 AM
I may be able to make the 7th. Need to check the home calendar.
Don't have 50 posts yet so can't send PM. (sheesh)
Rand49er. do you copy/ got your PMs but can't reply. Swampfox

SwampFox
04-19-06, 10:49 AM
Rand49er. do you copy/ got your PMs but can't reply. Swampfox

MescalVto
04-19-06, 11:11 AM
I think I can probably make it - 2pm is better for me

ctsvett
04-19-06, 11:52 AM
you can put these things on the calendar at www.clubcts.com... great way to keep track of these things.

www.clubcts.com

Reed

SwampFox
04-19-06, 12:31 PM
Reed,
Great idea, but there isn't anything in it yet??

kharmair
04-19-06, 01:31 PM
I can't make any promises, but if it looks like we will get a good turnout I may be able to bring a GM show vehicle...

TripleOught
04-19-06, 01:49 PM
you know you wanna just bring it.

it does look like we'll have a nice turnout, hopefully the weather is going to cooperate.

Ryan, do you know if Woody's has started their sunday car shows yet? maybe they start in may but i'm not sure...any ideas?

Caddy Man
04-19-06, 02:55 PM
Count me in Im down...like tripleought mentioned, we were tryitn to get a CTS meet going but had a real lack of interest shown, its nice that there is another option for a Detroit meet, even though all your V's will probably give me an inferiority complex ;)

ctsvett
04-19-06, 02:58 PM
Reed,
Great idea, but there isn't anything in it yet??

cause nobody has used it yet... I have for previous events...

Reed

rand49er
04-19-06, 04:19 PM
Rand49er. do you copy/ got your PMs but can't reply. SwampfoxKeep double posting, and you'll get there!:histeric:

Ryan's '05-V
04-19-06, 05:21 PM
I just called Woody's and they start in May. They said people just show up. It goes from 4-8PM so if we want to maybe shoot for 2PM or even 3 that would be fine. Some can get their earlier to accomodate their schedules as needed. I think we should get their early as they don't have much room like was said earlier. Maybe the day before we can confirm a could and look to block off some spots together. I'm sure we will upset the regulars but that's life. It sounds like we will have a nice turnout and that would be great. When I get home from work I will have to check out that calendar Reed has set up for us.

TripleOught
04-19-06, 07:27 PM
hey ryan, let me know about checking for spots and such...if you want to cruise up there and check it out i'll go with you. i don't think being this early the "regulars" will be that upset...

we might need to take and entire row maybe 4- back from the door...that should give us around 12 spots and the classis cars can have their first 1-3 rows as per usual...

might be able to go in and talk to the guy who organizes too, i mean, we ARE bringing business...

PM me if you want about it...

rand49er
04-19-06, 09:42 PM
I'm sure we will upset the regulars but that's life.Oh well! :want:

Ryan, where is Woody's again?

Ryan's '05-V
04-19-06, 11:46 PM
TripleOught - sent you a PM

Everyone else, here is the location details:
Wild Woody's
Address: 32500 Gratiot Ave, Roseville, MI 48066
Phone: (586) 294-5331

You can use something like Yahoo maps with this info but if you are coming from 94 heading east you want to get off at Gratiot and it is about a mile north up the road on your right. It is across from Macomb Mall just north of McDonald's between Masonic and 14 Mile Rd on the east side of Gratiot.

When we get closer to May 7th let's try to get a count who can make it and when you will try to show up. This way we will know what to expect. I am looking forward to it.

Mbai2
04-20-06, 09:26 AM
How late do you think you guys will be up there? I'll be in Indy for the weekend but I'm driving back Sunday. I don't know how early I can make it back but if people are still going to be there late in the afternoon/early evening, I may be able to make it.

MescalVto
04-20-06, 09:48 AM
Hmmm:stirpot: This is located pretty close to Katech . . .

Maybe a tour or even some group Dyno time (@ discount?)?

Jason?

Flyboy:worship: , I think you must know the Katech guys pretty well . . .

rand49er
04-20-06, 10:01 AM
Hmmm:stirpot: ... Katech . . . tour ... group Dyno time (@ discount?)? . . .I'm in! Say, about 3 PM? :highfive:

Flyboy
04-20-06, 10:17 AM
Jason and Caleb are in Bowling Green this week for a Corvette Anniversary Meeting....they'll be back on Monday and I will contact them regarding this....

Ryan's '05-V
04-20-06, 02:32 PM
Yup, Katech is about 6-8 minutes away.

rand49er
04-20-06, 10:32 PM
Yup, Katech is about 6-8 minutes away.Six minutes in a V, and 8 minutes in a SRT-8.

(Just trying to get CVP33's goat ... he needs a distraction right now.)

Katech
04-20-06, 10:36 PM
Hi guys. We would normally love to have everyone over, showoff the shop and make some noise...but our building 4 with the chassis dyno is being pressure washed and painted inside. The tentative schedule from the painters runs into or past that weekend.

We are down at the Corvette Bash but will be discussing and seeing if we can swing/adjust the schedule. We'll post back soon (possibly next week though) to confirm yes or no.

If it is a go, we will certainly offer group pricing - we'll make it very attractive, more just to pay for turning the lights on and our tech type of thing.

Caleb & Jason

rand49er
04-20-06, 10:44 PM
We ... will be discussing and seeing if we can swing/adjust the schedule. We'll post back soon (possibly next week though) to confirm yes or no.

If it is a go, we will certainly offer group pricing - we'll make it very attractive ... Caleb & Jason......................................:highfi ve:

DDS rollin a CTS
04-26-06, 10:01 AM
You can mark me as "tentative". It all depends on my schedule and the cost of gas (it'll be a 5 hour drive each way for me if I do come). The prospect of being at a car show brings up another concern for me, does anybody know of a good detailer in the area? Even weekly car washes arent cutting it anymore (especially for a car show) and I dont have the patience to do it myself.

rand49er
04-26-06, 08:35 PM
... it'll be a 5 hour drive each way for me if I do come ... anybody know of a good detailer in the area?Long drive, indeed! Sorry, I'm my own detailer ... maybe Ryan or TripleOught knows of someone on the east side.

Caddy Man
04-26-06, 09:22 PM
OK...any cts v owners that are coming to the meet want to sell thier sway bars?????

TripleOught
04-26-06, 09:39 PM
jeez man give it a rest.

:stirpot:

just kidding...anyways, i have some car washes and a full detailing certificate from mr c's in my area. ironically, it will be about 30 seconds away from you if you come to woody's (couple exits before the woody's exit). i can let you know how they do...

so, i'll probably take a ride up to woody's this sunday and see what the turn out is like. they may start congregating in may and not april...but if the weather is nice people seem to come out of the woodwork.

SwampFox
04-27-06, 09:32 AM
I will be there rain or shine at 2:00.

rand49er
04-27-06, 10:00 AM
I will be there rain or shine at 2:00....................:yeah:

Ryan's '05-V
04-28-06, 12:05 AM
When I called Woody's last week the lady said they are starting to have gatherings on Sunday's from 4-8PM in May but I'm sure a few people will be around this Sunday.
I was thinking of heading there at 3 but if I don't have much going on I can look to arrive sooner like a few others may.

Mbai2, I will PM you my cell if you want to call me when you are on your way back to see how the turn out is and get a feel for how long people will be around.

DDS, I can't say a drive from Indy just for this gathering is worth it but if you do come that would be great. It seems a bit far for a 5 hour drive each way.
A trip to the Woodward Dream Cruise is worth it but you need to stay at least one night to not rush your trip. I know I hope to be there for a few hours, say until 5, maybe 6 but it depends on a few factors. I will plan to go rain or shine as well.

SwampFox
04-28-06, 09:13 AM
Just invited another V owner I met at my Gym. He hasn't registered yet, but I am bugging him about that. We'll see if he makes it.

SRT8/BMW
04-28-06, 01:54 PM
is this just for CTS-Vs...or are STS-Vs welcome too??

rand49er
04-28-06, 02:02 PM
is this just for CTS-Vs...or are STS-Vs welcome too??Holy cow, would THAT be cool if you came, too. :highfive:

Oh, but that handle "SRT8/BMW" .... :thepan: .

SRT8/BMW
04-28-06, 03:13 PM
Holy cow, would THAT be cool if you came, too. :highfive:

Oh, but that handle "SRT8/BMW" .... :thepan: .bee

I know ...I have both.....maybe I should change my name to "STS-V/SRT8"

Ryan's '05-V
04-28-06, 05:30 PM
SRT8/BMW,
Bring the V and someone else bring the SRT8 so we can get a good look at that too. I know I would like to see, hear it, and maybe have you take me for a quick spin but that is not necessary at all.
Please join us.
We are going starting around 2, some are 3 until 5 or 6 and some even later.
Ryan

SRT8/BMW
04-29-06, 07:45 AM
SRT8/BMW,
Bring the V and someone else bring the SRT8 so we can get a good look at that too. I know I would like to see, hear it, and maybe have you take me for a quick spin but that is not necessary at all.
Please join us.
We are going starting around 2, some are 3 until 5 or 6 and some even later.
Ryan

Unfortunately I can only bring one. Nobody else around to drive the 2nd. If I did bring the srt8, you could take it for a spin yourself..

TripleOught
04-30-06, 10:10 AM
i plan on being there pretty much the entire time. if people want to go out after i'm also game...

today i have softball practice from 3:30-4:30 ish, but after i'm going to take a ride up to see if they have any people there...

barry007
04-30-06, 11:57 AM
I've been out of the box for a couple weeks, looks like i have some catching up to do.

Count me in for Sunday.
B

Swampfox, where are you at in Northville? I see you're a rider too, we should hook up sometime.
B

rand49er
04-30-06, 08:50 PM
I've been out of the box for a couple weeks, looks like i have some catching up to do.

Count me in for Sunday.
B

Swampfox, where are you at in Northville? I see you're a rider too, we should hook up sometime.
BBarry! Somebody said you sold your V and got a Vette!?! Nicht wahr? Anyway, glad to see you'll be there. :thumbsup:

SwampFox
05-01-06, 09:34 AM
Barry,
I'm always looking for a riding partner although driving the V is cutting into my desire to ride. I'd send a PM but haven't got my 50 posts in yet. Working on that! We can exchange email addresses at Woody's on Sunday. Looking forward to it.
Swamp

SwampFox
05-01-06, 09:37 AM
Barry,
Are you in the cadillacfaq.com registry? Didn't see your name there....

MescalVto
05-01-06, 09:51 AM
Starting to look like a pretty good turnout!

+I know a couple other guys who were waiting to see another post from Jason re: Katech :worship: before deciding if they would be coming. (?) :suspense:

rand49er
05-02-06, 08:59 AM
Starting to look like a pretty good turnout!

+I know a couple other guys who were waiting to see another post from Jason re: Katech :worship: before deciding if they would be coming. (?) :suspense:Going to Chicago for a few days, and MAY be out of touch with the forum ... don't know yet if I'll survive it. :alchi:

Any word on Katech yet?

Also, met TripleOught last night; he came over to pick up my stock sway bars so he could have them on before we meet on Sunday ... nice guy and REALLY nice looking CTS!!! I may get flamed, but had the V come in that white, that's what I'd have. :duck:

Katech
05-02-06, 04:47 PM
Hey guys. I'm sorry to report that our building painting has been completed but we are not yet operational to run the chassis dyno. We would love to do it another time when we can really show you guys all of our stuff and make it a great experience.

SwampFox
05-03-06, 10:40 AM
So let's talk about it on Sunday and schedule another opportunity!

MescalVto
05-03-06, 10:53 AM
:yeah:

:stirpot: + While we are thinking and talking about other opportunities, we should poll for locals interested in a (or even some semi-regular) track day get-together(s) - Waterford Hills, next open track day is Sunday May 28th!

TripleOught
05-04-06, 08:29 PM
thanks randy, the V sways are tight. literally...

this meet sounds like it's getting better and better. i can't wait to see all the tricked out cars there...we're definitely going to turn some heads...

i'd also potentially be in for a track day...although i'd get smoked, but hey, what the hell.

Ryan's '05-V
05-04-06, 10:59 PM
TripleOught,
How was it last Sunday? Were there many cars?

Maybe we could start taking a roll count to see who will be there when.
I am bringing a buddy and hope to be there before 3, probably around 2.

SwampFox
05-05-06, 04:54 PM
I put it on clubcts.com for the heck of it (this is 49)

SwampFox
05-05-06, 05:10 PM
See you Boys Sunday! Can I PM now???

TripleOught
05-05-06, 07:38 PM
unfortunately, my softball went way over and i didn't get to check it out. however, i will cruise up there tomorrow after some errands around that area and inquire about parking. can we take a glance at who;s going to be there?

i really don't feel like going through this thread post by post.

bueller...bueller....anyone....anyone....

ronr
05-05-06, 09:29 PM
I'm planning on being there around 2. See y'all then....is y'all singular or plural?

Flyboy
05-06-06, 09:56 PM
Weather's gonna' be GREAT.....let's get a super turn-out!!!

(I'll be there between 2/3).............

TripleOught
05-06-06, 10:13 PM
good news and bad news...

the good news is that the manager is flippin hot. real hot. so hot in fact i didn't quite remember her name...and i have a feeling caddy man didn't either. we'd like to think it was melissa, but thats debatable.

bad news is that she really had no idea about the parking. best case scenario is to get there and start parking in a line maybe 4 rows from the door. that way as people leave we can hold the spots and let caddy's pull in as they arrive. if we get right up close to the door it's going to be way harder to do that.

she also mentioned last sunday there was a huge turnout...so i'm hoping tomorrow is going to be straaaaiiight. like flyboy says, the weather looks absolutely perfect.

if anyone needs anything else either tomrorow on en route, PM me beforehand and i can give you my cell...

rand49er
05-06-06, 10:14 PM
Crap! My wife's talkin' 'bout shoppin' and stuff. If we go to the 11 AM church service, that means leaving the house here at about 1:30 at the best. I'm comin', just not exactly sure when ... hopefully will be there at 2, but could be as late as 3-3:30. Darn car is Zaino'd and everything, wheels are clean, got the UUC bushings installed this afternoon (was THAT a PITA!!!). Put the FRCs I got from heavymetals on (loose, but they're on).

I love my wife. :worship:

Hey, Ryan, I've got that piece of Dynamat in the car and ready to go. :highfive:

And, Mike, I haven't forgot about that beer you owe me. :alchi:I'm gonna need it, too!

Ryan's '05-V
05-06-06, 11:41 PM
Crap! My wife's talkin' 'bout shoppin' and stuff.
I love my wife. :worship:

Hey, Ryan, I've got that piece of Dynamat in the car and ready to go.
Thanks Randy.
I love my wife too but I know you have been looking forward to this for weeks since we first talked about it so just do a little shopping and tell her that if she has to do more she'll just have to do it with your son.

You can make up the shopping in the evening if possible or in the next day or two so make her get over it. Remind her of all the crap you probably went through with your step-son's graduation party and you only need an afternoon to yourself.

3 to 3:30 is fine anyway, you won't miss much other than some sun. As long as 696 isn't a mess you should be there in about an hour.
Ryan

Caddy Man
05-07-06, 09:56 AM
good news and bad news...

the good news is that the manager is flippin hot. real hot. so hot in fact i didn't quite remember her name...and i have a feeling caddy man didn't either. we'd like to think it was melissa, but thats debatable.

:bulging: :thumbsup: :highfive:

TripleOught
05-07-06, 10:53 AM
honestly, i think 4 will be better anyways...i may roll in around 3:30 or so...

and yes, you'll receive your beer when you get there. i have a feeling we'll be doing fire-teams in and out of woody's all day...

Ryan's '05-V
05-08-06, 12:06 AM
Well it was a beautiful day today and there was a lot going on. I wish I could have had more time to chat with everyone today but maybe next time. Here is a pick of a 8 Vs that were there early on. I think we had a couple more, one STS-V and 3 CTSs. It was a great turnout.

I'm not sure of the size limit on attachments but I'm sure you can't see much here. They were all a bunch of nice cars.

We will definitely have to do this again. :thumbsup:
Ryan

rand49er
05-08-06, 10:31 AM
Spectacular day!!! Clear sky, about 67 degrees, no wind, lots of fantastic cars, a bunch of CTS/CTS-V owners, nearly a hundred other fast/vintage cars, and no cops watching as tires squealed and exhausts roared!

Had my car Zaino'd and ready to go. Now, where's my wife to watch our 3-1/2 year old so I can go?

TripleOught
05-08-06, 12:59 PM
that was an awesome time. everything was perfect. only thing that would have made it better is if flyboy woul dhave let me take his for a spin...but...the ride was definitely enough and i still have a smile plastered to my face.

we'll have to figure something else out as the more i tell people about it the more i hear, "man i wish i would have known, i have a buddy who..."

next time we'll try and get an xlr-v also...which i don't think will be too much of a problem. so whats up with woodward? lets get some property. i should have my V by then...:highfive:

wishful thinking...:crybaby:

rand49er
05-08-06, 03:08 PM
Hey, swampfox, thanks for the email listing those that made it yesterday.

Wish I had known Jason from Katech was there; I sure would have liked talking to him! But, what on earth was he driving?!? :rant2:

Hey, guys, do you think we can do this again at the Woodward Dreamcruise? :thumbsup:

Caddy Man
05-08-06, 04:12 PM
Dream cruise is in august, it would be nice to get togther 1 or 2 times (or more!) before then. :)

MescalVto
05-08-06, 04:41 PM

Jason was driving that white (dodge) stealth :bigroll: !

ronr
05-08-06, 04:56 PM
Dream cruise is in august, it would be nice to get togther 1 or 2 times (or more!) before then. :)

I agree, this was a great time. :bouncy:

Anybody have an idea why I was getting such poor gas mileage on Gratiot?? :bigroll:

rand49er
05-08-06, 05:39 PM
I agree, this was a great time. :bouncy:

Anybody have an idea why I was getting such poor gas mileage on Gratiot?? :bigroll:It was that whine coming from the front somewhere. :rolleyes:

Katech
05-08-06, 09:14 PM

Jason was driving that white (dodge) stealth :bigroll: !

Puuhleeasse. I'd never drive a DODGE.

TripleOught
05-08-06, 10:00 PM
yeah i saw it too...

in fact, i even think it's captured on video tape...:eek:

it's amazing how those crowds really inspire people to drive like iiiiiiiiiiiidiots. but hey, i was a passenger in one of those...so i'm not complaining.

since the car show all i've kept saying to myself is, "your car is fine, your car is fine, there is nothing wrong with your car....damnit, i need a V."

:thumbsup:

Caddy Man
05-09-06, 02:53 AM
I was seeing V's all last night in my dreams...yes...sad, I know. :crybaby:

Worst is when someone who dosnt know Caddys real well mistakes my car for a V. It breaks my heart to tell them its only the regular one.

MescalVto
05-09-06, 10:08 AM
Puuhleeasse. I'd never drive a DODGE.

:confused: not a DODGE, my bad; although some would say that the mitsubishi variant of that diamond-star-mobile is arguably even more embarrassing:eek: !

Katech
05-09-06, 12:07 PM
:confused: not a DODGE, my bad; although some would say that the mitsubishi variant of that diamond-star-mobile is arguably even more embarrassing:eek: !

DSM=Eagle Talon, Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser - Built in Normal, Illinois

Mitsubishi 3000GT was built in Nagoya, Japan

Ask flyboy to tell you a little story about my "Dodge Stealth". :worship:

MescalVto
05-09-06, 02:31 PM
:tisk: OK, my bad again on the DSM thing*, you know I was just trying to yank your chain a little . . .

I will have to try to remember to get the story next time we get together; no doubt the car is likely really fast (in a kinda ricey turbo awd way).

*Actually, I previously owned an awd eagle talon myself; pretty heavily modded w/ 18-23 psi - a lot of fun in all kinds of weather . . . when it wasn't falling apart:eek:!

Katech
05-09-06, 03:13 PM
:tisk: OK, my bad again on the DSM thing*, you know I was just trying to yank your chain a little . . .

I will have to try to remember to get the story next time we get together; no doubt the car is likely really fast (in a kinda ricey turbo awd way).

*Actually, I previously owned an awd eagle talon myself; pretty heavily modded w/ 18-23 psi - a lot of fun in all kinds of weather . . . when it wasn't falling apart:eek:!

I know.

Here's a pic for ya of the launch on stock springs.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/483000-483999/483967_19_full.jpg

TripleOught
05-09-06, 05:22 PM
holy smooshed rear tire batman...

looks like you're playin with your hydro switches tryin to get a little hop...

SwampFox
05-10-06, 10:31 AM
Hey Jason, did you beat that superstock Plymouth in the outside lane?

Katech
05-10-06, 02:24 PM
Hey Jason, did you beat that superstock Plymouth in the outside lane?

I can't remember for sure. I don't usually pay much attention to the other lane. I think I beat him out of the hole but he may have passed me in the end.