: 1996 Seville STS Crank Sensors

Frankma
04-18-06, 12:47 AM
Hey all is there a way to test these or to tell they are bad? My car keeps stalling out and I have cleaned the EGR and throttle body and replaced the TPS and the problem remains. I am down to trying the crank sensors but for obvious reasons want to try and make sure they are the problem. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

1993 eldorado green1
04-18-06, 12:55 AM
did they even have crank sensors in 1886? (lololol)

Frankma
04-18-06, 01:16 AM
Oh man that was sloppy. 1996 , sorry!

Ranger
04-18-06, 08:45 PM
I fixed your title. I am sure there is a way to test them, but I am not sure how. I seem to recall someone mentioning something about unpluging one at a time or something like that. Wait til some one who knows fore sure chimes in.

1993 eldorado green1
04-19-06, 12:22 AM
unplug them at the icm and check resistance, should be around 1.5..

Frankma
04-19-06, 06:48 PM
My mechanic tells me these are somewhat of a PITA to get to. Anyone have a shortcut or a suggestion, just enough to be able to do a test on them as noted above? Trying to keep labor charges to a minimum lol. Thanks everyone I am sick of this stalling.

steinmetzmr
04-25-06, 06:44 PM
from underneath, take off the covers follow down where your oil dipstick goes into the block. They are a real pia to locate. In front of engine centered between the middle two cylinders (two sensors one on top of the other). If you have a sts, as a point of reference just below the emblem on the grill. You can't see them from the top of the engine, you have to view from a weird angle from below with some creative lighting. I'm in the process of changing them and took a while to find them.

Mark

rjay
04-26-06, 06:39 PM
Been down that road crank sensor etc etc after repeatedly requesting to check the FUEL PUMP which always showed after Dinos. test that it was not a problem , after replacing a computer only to have it stall out again decided to look at the fuel pump, which he found to have scorched wireing, the stalling problum was solved.