: FRC's and PCV catch-can in

calicadi
04-17-06, 11:02 PM
Here's what they look like installed. All I need is the Ground Control set-up and I'm done! (OK even I don't believe that but it sounds good, don't it?):eyebrow:

Oh and I found a use for the old cover. Got the idea from someone here on the forum. Kinda gives my garbage can that R2D2 (R2@D) look.

chiro444
04-17-06, 11:38 PM
:thumbsup: Very nice!
Stupid question: what's the catch can for?

OldRoadDawg
04-18-06, 10:18 AM
I like it!
Excellent use of old engine cover.

nikon
04-18-06, 10:29 AM
DAMN!!! at first when I saw the Cadillac script on the website I did'nt think it would look good, but DAMN!!! I love it, how much did they end up costing you? and are those the chrome letters or brushed??? and how does the catch can mount anyways??? I gotta get one.

calicadi
04-18-06, 08:06 PM
:thumbsup: Very nice!
Stupid question: what's the catch can for?
It separates and accummulates oil droplets in the crankcase ventilation gasses. Prevents carbon build-up in the intake runners and on the valve train. Periodically, you drain the accummulated oil using the petcock at the bottom of the can.

http://www.accmachtech.com/pcvcatchcans.htm

1MEANV
04-18-06, 08:21 PM
I Like Those Cadillac Covers. Sure Beats Those Corvette Ones. Looks Real Good :thumbsup:

calicadi
04-18-06, 08:30 PM
DAMN!!! at first when I saw the Cadillac script on the website I did'nt think it would look good, but DAMN!!! I love it, how much did they end up costing you? and are those the chrome letters or brushed??? and how does the catch can mount anyways??? I gotta get one.

FRC's were $361 all-in. That's for the FRC's (which have to be custom cut for our LS6 layout), custom paint, lettering, V-badges (not installed yet), and the 2 rolls of heat-reflective tape I applied myself to the underside. I went with the brushed silver. It closely matches the body paint and I thought chrome might be to bling. They will paint any automotive color you wish. I went with Corvette Torch Red. I wanted red in homage to Ferrari's Testa Rosa. This is now the American "Red Head".

See FAQ for more detailed photos on PCV can installation. AMW makes a bracket specifically to mount the can to the passenger-side cylinder head of the LS6. There are cheaper alternatives to the AMW solution, but IMO they look like crap and aren't built specifically for the LS6. Mounting such in that crowded engine bay could be a hassle. This set-up looks like factory installed.

http://www.accmachtech.com/pcvcatchcans.htm