: Northstar engine rebuilders or performance builders in SoCal?

RSM CTS-V
04-17-06, 05:33 PM
Was wondering if anyone knows of an engine builder in So Cal to work on the northstar. I have a twin turbo Northstar and I believe it's thrown a rod or something and would like some options of who to use for the work. If anyone has any first hand experience with anyone or just knows anyone at all, the info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

-Chris

acklac7
04-17-06, 05:51 PM
wa wa wa...A twin turbo northstar???? LOL, how in the he!! did you get your hands on one of those?...Is it the same engine they have in the Le Mans race cars????

http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/motor_sports/1268821.html?page=3&c=y

danbuc
04-17-06, 06:03 PM
Please tell me it's a CHRFab motor in a Sandrail or something...they build some sick stuff. As for working on a turbocharged N*, I think you'll be hard pressed to find any who will touch it, other than the more expensive specialized performance shops. No regular automotive shop would ouch that thing. You say it's thrown a rod. Just otu of curiosity, were you running the stock internals in it? If so, you might want to consider some significantly stronger components. These engine are strong, but not that strong. Anyway, being in California, the only place I can thnk of that has extensive experience with turbocharged N*'s would be CHRFab. Otherwise, it's pretty much hit or miss whether or not anyone will touch it. Personally, on something liek that, i wouldn't want anyone other than CHRFab or someone else with just as much N* experience touching the engine if it were mine. Good luck, and by any chance, do you have some pics?

94CaddyConcours
04-18-06, 03:34 PM
TWIN TURBO!!!!!!!!!!!!. I gotta check it out!. Where are you located? Go luck finding a reliable technician,