: Full Throttle Hesitation

SwampFox
04-17-06, 11:15 AM
I have a full throttle hesitation in 1st gear and sometimes 2nd. It is as if there is a fuel shutoff or ignition short. It will do this 1 to 4 times all the way to redline. I expected it in my dual quad Street Hemi when I didn't hammer it for a day or so, but don't expect it in the V.
Using 93 octane Sunoco, Traction control off. :mad:
Any suggestions?

Dreamin
04-17-06, 02:59 PM
Is it a real subtle hesitation or something obnoxious like a fuel-cut?

I have a subtle hesitation around 4K... not bad enough to go to dealer with yet...

injectors? spark plugs? spark plug wires?

SwampFox
04-17-06, 03:49 PM
It's a hard hesitation. Engine quits momentarily (milliseconds)
5200 miles on the car.
I am sure my dealer will give it a serious look since I took a service writer for a short demonstration. However would like to get a community imput before I take it.

Kidhummer
04-17-06, 07:03 PM
happened to me one time...i down shifted from 4th to 3rd and went to floor it and nothing happened.. Has not happened since.. maybe the sunoco was mixed with water..

GT04CTS-V
04-17-06, 07:33 PM
How much gas do you have in the tank when this happens? Could be fuel starvation if it happens with less that 1/4 tank.

GT

mostoyzwinz
04-17-06, 09:06 PM
I run mine on fumes, hammer it, corner hard, no problems. If it's fuel starvation, it's not normal. Faulty rev limiter? I've had that problem on my other V...the two wheeled version.

Dreamin
04-17-06, 09:09 PM
Stay in a corner longer, it'll happen to you... very common on the V.

SwampFox
04-18-06, 10:40 AM
Sounds like I have a warranty issue. Doesn't matter how much gas is in the tank and do not experienced the problem in a turn. Might be a bad rev-limiter since it cuts out way before redline, however it never happens in 3rd or above. Humm. Will take it to the dealer and see if they can find it.
Thanks all. Will report on results.

Luna.
04-18-06, 11:28 AM

This is very true. Happened to C&D during their road test and they were baffled something fierce. It turned out to be fuel starvation, even when the car had over 1/2 tank of gas...:confused:

mostoyzwinz
04-22-06, 09:53 PM

hope i don't get dizzy going in circles :bonkers:

VELOSE
04-22-06, 10:01 PM
It's been happening to me lately but only when the car is cold or slightly warm. It'll hesitate like it wants to almost stall. This is if I want to go more than 1/4 throttle at that temperature. Once the car is warm, everything is fine. I should have some new MSD plug wires and NGK TR6 plugs in a couple of days. Hopefully this is my problem because I'm supercharged. I think you guys should try changing them too. Pretty cheap mod for $100. I have 19k miles and it seems premature. However, with the supercharger, it's recommended I go with a cooler plug. For stock V's, NGK TR55 are recommended.

Rikmyster
04-24-06, 10:12 PM
Stealth V has a setting that when it is cold mine does that ... something about low oil pressure when cold.

Chef
04-24-06, 10:43 PM
It's been happening to me lately but only when the car is cold or slightly warm. It'll hesitate like it wants to almost stall. This is if I want to go more than 1/4 throttle at that temperature. Once the car is warm, everything is fine. I should have some new MSD plug wires and NGK TR6 plugs in a couple of days. Hopefully this is my problem because I'm supercharged. I think you guys should try changing them too. Pretty cheap mod for $100. I have 19k miles and it seems premature. However, with the supercharger, it's recommended I go with a cooler plug. For stock V's, NGK TR55 are recommended.

Velose,

Took the stock plugs out the other day and half of them were spent ---just hit 12k miles. All 8 TR6's are in now and it seems fime but still a little lean.

MSD or Nology wires are next....

Chef

VELOSE
04-25-06, 02:46 AM
Cool, thanks for the review Chef. :thumbsup: