: Some ****er Just Hit Me In My Parking Lot

V Amazed
04-16-06, 02:48 PM
12:45pm GREEN 94 HONDA CIVIC FRONT ENDED ME! GRRRRRR. Not a bad collision, but god this ruins my week. Front Bumper/Facia = toast, fog lights = toast, head light= toast, duct for brake vent = toast. Thats about it, so I figure 1600$ give or take. He admitted guilt, but since it was in a parking lot, I don't know if his insurance will cover me. GRRRRRR.

Ben

StealthV
04-16-06, 02:52 PM
Doh. V gets smacked by a shitty grean pea.

Get his insurance to pay. Headlights are ~$1k each, $1600 won't go far.

V Amazed
04-16-06, 02:57 PM
Doh. V gets smacked by a shitty grean pea.

Get his insurance to pay. $1600 won't even cover one headlight.

Jeez. Thanks for the heads up.

Ben

urbanski
04-16-06, 03:01 PM
each fog is 250 too

ahahnu
04-16-06, 03:21 PM
front bumper is 1300 by itself

Smokin' 04 CTS
04-16-06, 03:31 PM
front bumper is 1300 by itself

550 for the primered bumper w/o grill and light assembly... GMPD

That still sucks!

heavymetals
04-16-06, 03:51 PM
If the guy is smart he will pay for it and be thankful you didn't fall out of the car clutching your neck. :eek:

I would be suprised if it is less then $2500.00.

Sorry for your misfortune.

51PHFTY
04-16-06, 03:54 PM
His insurance should cover you no matter if it happened on a public road or a private parking lot. If you are in Calif., you can take it to your body shop of choice and not necessarily the one the insurance co. is going to try and get you to use.

Bummer.

Marty

thebigjimsho
04-16-06, 04:05 PM
Holy crap! That is gobs more $$ than when some drunk girl rear ended me doing 30!!

Closer_2001
04-16-06, 05:16 PM
His insurance should cover you no matter if it happened on a public road or a private parking lot. If you are in Calif., you can take it to your body shop of choice and not necessarily the one the insurance co. is going to try and get you to use.

Bummer.

Marty

Better hope he has insurance on that 94 Civic.

A few years ago, a guy ran into my wife in front of our house (she was pulling the mail out of the box). Sideswiped the fender of our brand new Tahoe.

He provided Driver's License and Insurance card. Apologized, etc.

It turned out the documents were totally falsified. No such name, DL#, or insurance policy (State Farm). Police said too bad since we didn't get his license plate #.

V Amazed
04-16-06, 06:49 PM
yeah, I already called his insurance, and its all legit. They said their claims dept will get back to me about it tomorrow. Unfortunately, I'm in Lawrence, KS, and I dont think there are any quality body shops here. I may have to have it towed out to KC. What a PITA. He better pay though.

Ben

1MEANV
04-16-06, 07:41 PM
Some *** Hit My Truck With His 200 Beater 2 Years Ago In A Donut Shop Lot. Because It Is On Private Property He Did Not Get Charged. It Is Out Of Police Jurisdictiion. You Have To Actually Take Him To Court Personally. It Cost Me 3000 Bucks Because He Hit Me. What A Gay Rule Butif It Would Have Happened On A Street It Would Have Been A Different Story.

DILLIGAF
04-16-06, 11:09 PM
yeah, I already called his insurance, and its all legit. They said their claims dept will get back to me about it tomorrow. Unfortunately, I'm in Lawrence, KS, and I dont think there are any quality body shops here. I may have to have it towed out to KC. What a PITA. He better pay though.

BenPM mark,the guy with the procharged v.He's bumped his ride too.He's pretty connected up there and will help you.

2003RC51
04-17-06, 12:39 PM
In the past 3 months my car has been backed into, shot twice by some punk ass with a pellet gun and had a box dropped on the trunk by some nimrod.

My car was backed into in my driveway which is private property and my brothers insurance covered all repairs. As long as the guy admits guilt I dont think you will have a problem. Most people are shi**y so I wouldnt be surprised if his story changes. Good Luck!

My repairs for the front were $1,100. That included the front fascia, bumper support, grill assembly, and some minor hood repairs I had alot of rock chips so I really wasnt to upset about the situation. Head lights and fog lights werent damaged on mine.

1fstkde
04-17-06, 01:33 PM
i thought the same when i had a little fender bender...turned out 8k later!!!! lights, bumper, grill, etc all are expensive!!!:rant2:

BlackDog!
04-17-06, 06:39 PM
someone ran into my right fron corner about three months ago - was about what you said plus they scratched my rim and - not obvious at first - bent the steering arm - ended up being about $8K...and a month in the shop.

V Amazed
04-19-06, 12:56 PM
As a small follow up:

Kid admitted to damage, went into the shop. Before they pulled anything off, they estimated 3700$

Here are some pics:

http://img421.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dcp35695ej.jpg
http://img421.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dcp35701zy.jpg

Ben

heavymetals
04-19-06, 01:31 PM
Ouch!

urbanski
04-19-06, 02:24 PM
dude
rip out your side marker and post close-ups.....see if there is ANY to get the orange lens part out or something
edit: please :)