: Observations

05ctsvfan
04-16-06, 10:09 AM
Have not posted in some time. Thought I'd tell you about my 325i loaner.

Buddy of mine has a 2003 or 4 325i. Very nice looking car from the outside. I had it for 2 days to play around in while he used my Colorado to move.

Exterior. This is a very nice looking car. Every bit the equal of my V.

Interior. This is mainly personal taste, but for all the press about the V, the BMR's interior was not as nice as mine V in my opinion. Buttons were small and closely spaced. Materials were did not seem as good. The seats were comfortable but not as comfortable and overall look was not as clean.

Driving. First, this car has NO balls. I know, i know..no the same animal but I think my Tahoe would take it. Handling was excellent, very "V" like. The ride was very good. Stiff and responsive. Slightly better than the V.

There was a ton of "Noise" in this car. The brakes sounded like drums when you stopped. The drive line and engine came through load and clear. There was a very strange whistle @ 2000 that was sustainable if you stayed there. That would DRIVE ME CRAZY.

Anyway, as hard as we are on GM and the V, I was expecting much more from the BMR and I was very disappointed.

VERY HAPPY to be a V owner!!

thebigjimsho
04-16-06, 10:53 AM
Ummm, do you mean BMW??

05ctsvfan
04-16-06, 11:49 AM
I would if it performed like it...

rand49er
04-16-06, 03:08 PM
I would interpret this as evidence as to an unfounded and ignorant bias toward German cars and against American cars. :stirpot:

Just my $0.02.