: how to shut off brake like sensor

gritter
04-15-06, 03:37 PM
put new pads on but didnt get the pads with the sensor thing built in so i left the sensors diconnected. is there anyway to get the light off other then get pads with the sensors on them?

inconnu
04-15-06, 06:48 PM
Just put a piece of wire and short the circut of the connector and light on the dash will go out,that is how i did it.

gritter
04-16-06, 08:16 PM
Just put a piece of wire and short the circut of the connector and light on the dash will go out,that is how i did it.
just put a piece of wire on the connector and it'll short out?

gritter
04-16-06, 08:16 PM
just put a piece of wire on the connector and it'll short out?

investor74
04-17-06, 08:34 AM
Gritter,

You can cut off the sensors, strip the insulation off the exposed wire and twist together the conductors inside. I did this as a temporary fix because the light was driving me crazy. If you do this on both sides, the brake light will go out. Of course, you have no warning left, because the brake pads don't have an audible warning.

Barry

inconnu
04-17-06, 05:15 PM
I meant was putting a conductor between the holes (Female plug) to short / make a continous circut,i hope it is little better explanation this time.

gritter
04-18-06, 07:09 AM
thanks will give it a try today at work