: Feeler: GB Mallett-Penske Shocks

byucelt
04-15-06, 04:33 PM
Is anyone interested in attempting a GB on any of the mallett-Penske suspension? I know Chuck may be tough to deal with but I am hopeing that with enough inquires we will be able to make something happen. I spoke to someone at Mallett on Thursday and he was going to look into it for me, let me know if anyone is interested.

kanned
04-16-06, 11:28 AM
Good luck getting someone to call you back.. Why not just get the suspension directly from Penske?

http://www.penskeshocks.com/home.htm

byucelt
04-17-06, 03:59 PM
I am working with Matt at Penske to get a coilover setup for the V. He asked me what kind of spring rate I would want to have. Does anyone have a setting that they prefer for a stiff good handeling ride but without the entire dashboard coming off with every bump.

trukk
04-17-06, 04:24 PM
I am working with Matt at Penske to get a coilover setup for the V. He asked me what kind of spring rate I would want to have. Does anyone have a setting that they prefer for a stiff good handeling ride but without the entire dashboard coming off with every bump.

There was a similar thread like this one (albeit for just springs, not coilovers).

The consensus ended up being 500 lbs.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/58963-cts-v-springs-80-custom-what.htm

Keep us in the loop,

Chris

Dreamin
04-17-06, 05:11 PM
GC baseline rates are: 500lbs fronts, 550lbs rears.

byucelt
04-17-06, 09:31 PM
I guessed that it would be in the 500-550 lbs but Matt at Penske was very adamant about not being able to help me with spring rates and that I need to give him all the stats. Penske requires that of all their customers. He also was going to look into non-adjustable, single adjustable, double adjustable and triple adjustable coilovers. I told him that I don't think that I will ever spend the money for a triple adjustable race coilover.

wooderson
04-17-06, 10:57 PM
I would pay top dollar for Penske to come up with a suspension solution for the V.

byucelt
04-18-06, 12:37 AM
i will know more tommorow. I am assuming that adjustable coilovers will be in the range of about $2500 for the set. I will see if we can get a price break.

mallettv
04-18-06, 12:42 AM
He has the shocks for the CTS V. Mine have been on order I get them in two weeks, Chuck says no wheel hop. The guys at Mallett are great.

kanned
04-18-06, 11:47 AM
I'd pay 2500 for a set of Penske coil-overs......

SilverV
04-18-06, 12:46 PM
He has the shocks for the CTS V. Mine have been on order I get them in two weeks, Chuck says no wheel hop. The guys at Mallett are great.

how much did the shocks run you ?

byucelt
04-18-06, 02:21 PM
Well, I just got off the phone with Matt at Penske and he will be contacting Ryan at Eibach to get the specific spring rate. I know there has been discussion in the past with GC but he wants to get a more specific rate for what I am looking for. Also, it should be around $2700 total with springs.

Dreamin
04-18-06, 07:21 PM
Ok... but what's more specific than 500lbs front and 550lbs rear (linear 10" Eibach race springs)... these are on my car and have been street and track tested and work perfectly... car remains very balanced, with understeer reduced a hair.
Would be interested in knowing what they come up with.

Also, lost you on the "with springs" comment... Eibach CTS-V springs? coil-overs? are they proposing converting the rear to a "full" coil-over design (has that been tested??)

Geno
04-18-06, 08:50 PM
I've been going over several iterations of various suspension mods....still not there but getting close. I'm so pee'd about the GC thing (read long delay) that I'd happily pay 3000 for a Penske setup....bring it on.

byucelt
04-18-06, 08:54 PM
Also, lost you on the "with springs" comment... Eibach CTS-V springs? coil-overs? are they proposing converting the rear to a "full" coil-over design (has that been tested??)[/quote]

Sorry, that is including the springs for the coilover setup. They plan on making a coilover for the rear as well as the front. Matt at Penske told me that one of their engineers has an 06 V and he wants a coilover set up. They plan on using the 06 V as well as the infamous V racecar as their research build tools.