: 1980 interiors???

sizanjdf
04-15-06, 02:11 AM
Ive been looking at this deville and it has different interior than other caddys ive seen...is it just the 1980 that had this or what....can someone show me pics of interior from the early 80s caddys?

Benzilla
04-15-06, 02:19 AM
The 1980 still had an interior very much like the '79. they changed it in '81-'82 to the newer one

sizanjdf
04-15-06, 04:59 AM
i had a 79 sedan deville, but it wasnt like this one either...??? anybody got pics of interiors from 80s?

sizanjdf
04-15-06, 05:09 AM
I didnt think about it, but this car had alot of emblems and then the vinyl roof and stuff missing, so it could actually be a fleetwood, I wonder if it could be a delegance???

Pete Benson
04-15-06, 08:52 AM
An interior pic of the deVille you're looking at would clarify this in about two seconds.

Bro-Ham
04-15-06, 11:48 AM
Hi,

Deville seats in 1979 and 1980 are the same style. Leather was available, cloth standard. Cloth upholstery on the deville in 1979 was called Durand (plain, no pattern) and in 1980 the seats were covered in Durand with Renaissance cloth inserts (small square pattern). Colors were different between 1979 and 1980.

Deville d'Elegance interiors with the loose cushion look for both 1979 and 1980 except the colors were different. This interior was available only in cloth, called Venetian Velour. It was a thick cloth with a uniform dot pattern. Door panels were of the style of the Fleetwood Brougham.

Fleetwood Brougham interiors for 1979 were used that year only. The 1979 factory built Fleetwood Limousine had the Fleetwood Brougham interior and this exact seat style was carried through the 1984 model year on the limousine. Leather was available and cloth was standard in a material called Dante knit cloth, which appeared smooth in texture. In 1980, the seat style on the Fleetwood Brougham changed to the style used through 1986, which had a multi square shape style and the uphostery was either optional leather or standard Heather knit cloth (smooth) and Rapael cloth (shiny animal pattern) inserts.

Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance interiors were very different between 1979 and 1980. The 1979 interior was pretty understated and quite elegant with either optional leather or standard was a combination of both Dante and Roma knit cloth. The 1980 interior went to the more garish Eldorado Biarritz-like style with the multi-button style. Leather was available and Heather knit cloth with Raphael cloth inserts was standard.

Let me know if you want me to attempt to scan the pictures of these seats. When I have tried to scan before the pictures come out super small when posted on here.

Good luck and have fun!

Dave

sizanjdf
04-15-06, 02:29 PM
if you could post a few pics of the 1980 cars that would be great, if they are to small to see on here you can email me at sizanjdf@hotmail.com Thanks a bunch for the help.

sizanjdf
04-17-06, 04:30 AM
i think the car is a 1980 deville de' elegance after more research, I plan on picking it up next week. it appears to have been a promo car of some sort. It was repainted pink over the silver and it has big MTV, COX cable, the KATT radio and some other stuff on it...ill get pics up as soon as i get the car here.