: Engine Cover

Kidhummer
04-15-06, 12:11 AM
Just installed the vararam throttle body spacer in my 06 LS2. The throttle body is on real tight but the bolts dont tighten all the way. Anyhow, I also removed the engine cover. I took the car out in the rain for a test drive :) . It sounds like a monster and I couldn't tell if there was a performance increase or decrease because I was spinning up to 5th gear (lol). I will try it out tomorrow when it is dry.

Is it okay that i took of the engine cover? Are there any drawbacks besides excessive noise from the engine bay? Thanks!

Blacksport350
04-15-06, 06:43 AM
Just installed the vararam throttle body spacer in my 06 LS2. The throttle body is on real tight but the bolts dont tighten all the way. Anyhow, I also removed the engine cover. I took the car out in the rain for a test drive :) . It sounds like a monster and I couldn't tell if there was a performance increase or decrease because I was spinning up to 5th gear (lol). I will try it out tomorrow when it is dry.

Is it okay that i took of the engine cover? Are there any drawbacks besides excessive noise from the engine bay? Thanks!

The engine will now run cooler and was designed to have only a peice of plastic that says "Corvette" over each valve cover/coil bank. In other words, it is technically better to remove it but I would put the "correct" Stealth V covers on there so it looks AND sounds awesome!