: Well fellas, I think its really time....

STS 310
04-14-06, 07:42 PM
Man, in just a few years we went from showing some serious power on the street, dusting cars left and rite to barely coming up with wins. Its getting harder and harder to compete with average sedans with HP increasing in new models from less than "Caddy prestige" companies. I got Ford Focus' giving me little to know respect now a days.

Point is, when are going to see someone crack this OBD 2 and come up with some really feasible mods?

I know, I know, we are just about optimized from the get go with development. But, come on. What do we have to do.

I dont want to hear the "the Northstar was cutting edge and a brilliant performer for its time"

Someone, please tell me there is some light at the end of the tunnel....

eldorado1
04-14-06, 07:45 PM
Point is, when are going to see someone crack this OBD 2 and come up with some really feasible mods?

What do you specifically want to see or be able to do? Please be as specific as possible.

STS 310
04-14-06, 07:53 PM
Well, Eldo I aint the most techie kind of guy, but how come we cant get gains like the other crouds.

If this aint enough, resort to my first sentence.

Its Friday and Im posting away like mad:alchi:

Okay, maybe 289 CI is maxed out but look at mark and his turbo project. As beautiful as it is, look at his gains and the price.

eldorado1
04-14-06, 07:56 PM
Gains from what though? Are you looking to just plug in a chip to get an extra 5hp, or what? Supercharger? Cams?

What is an "unhacked" OBDII preventing you from doing?

STS 310
04-14-06, 08:02 PM
See, there you go lol.

What would YOU like to see out of your N*.

If you say you are happy with the performance as it is I know you are not being honest.

The OBD 2 is what flored the supercharger project and it plays havoc with most of the things folks have tried to do.

Again Eldo, you are making me look stupid (evidently its proving to not be too hard lol), I think you know what I mean. HELP me out here and pic this post up if you would.

eldorado1
04-14-06, 08:11 PM
See, there you go lol.

What would YOU like to see out of your N*.

If you say you are happy with the performance as it is I know you are not being honest.

The OBD 2 is what flored the supercharger project and it plays havoc with most of the things folks have tried to do.

Again Eldo, you are making me look stupid (evidently its proving to not be too hard lol), I think you know what I mean. HELP me out here and pic this post up if you would.

Nope, I'm not happy with the performance out of a stock northstar. That's why I'm porting the heads, installing cams, and a 3000 rpm stall converter. I don't have to deal with the stock OBDII computer though, I swapped on an OBDI computer. The cams and heads should put me at about 400hp, and I'll be able to rev to 7500. I *think* I want to stick N/A for now. That might change when I get "used" to 400hp.

oh, and I may build shorty headers and/or a custom intake. That would probably put me over budget though, so it's on the back burner. Especially since that stupid exhaust crossover bothers me so much.

parts68
04-14-06, 08:42 PM
So what have you done on the OBD1?
Ive got 2 95s here and a spare PCM for experiments.
BTW eldo easter rod run is at UCF this weekend.

STS 310
04-14-06, 08:47 PM
Thats what Im talking about, but nobody else has done this, at least not on this forum.

Thanks Eldo.

eldorado1
04-14-06, 09:51 PM
So what have you done on the OBD1?
Ive got 2 95s here and a spare PCM for experiments.
BTW eldo easter rod run is at UCF this weekend.

I haven't touched the caddy PCM, I'm running another OBDI computer. I took a look at the caddy stuff a while back, and realized how far over my head I was. I mean, I could find some tables, but had no idea what they were. Nobody has an ALDL definition for it, so you're pretty stuck. None of it even looks close to other GM code. It's like caddillac was in their own world when they designed it. In other divisions, you see code sharing a lot. One ALDL or 3d lookup routine was used in several different ECMs. Makes it easy.

thanks for the heads up on the run, never heard of it, maybe I'll check it out.

eldorado1
04-14-06, 09:53 PM
Thats what Im talking about, but nobody else has done this, at least not on this forum.

Maybe they have, it's just buried underneath all the "my car's broken" threads? :p

(reference to my post that's now in the "site suggestions" forum)

parts68
04-14-06, 10:31 PM
Eldo,its at the hotel just before UCF on University Blvd.
Always a great show thats more of a fun thing(informal).
Good news for me is its ony 5 min from my house.
I would like to converse more on the PCM topic when
I can meet up with you.

STS 310
04-14-06, 10:36 PM
Maybe they have, it's just buried underneath all the "my car's broken" threads? :p

(reference to my post that's now in the "site suggestions" forum)

Hell, Ive archived more than Indiana Jones and havent really come up with much cept BBob shooting everything down.

2dedge
04-15-06, 10:11 PM
From what I understand the obd 2 computer was programed by seimans and the code is completely different and seimans will not share info with anyone.

Geoff

WOTMODE
04-15-06, 10:21 PM
Order a 4bbl intake from chrfab and an aftermarket ignition system. The sky is limit.

eldorado1
04-15-06, 10:27 PM
Anyone who puts a carb on a northstar deserves to be shot.

It's like swapping a carb onto a 2007 Ferrari. You just don't do it.

WOTMODE
04-15-06, 10:31 PM
I'm not saying I would, but it is probably the easiest way around the computer.

parts68
04-16-06, 08:23 AM
eldo are you using an LT1 PCM?

eldorado1
04-16-06, 09:14 AM
Nope... but it can be found in junkyards everywhere for less than $50... hehehe.

parts68
04-16-06, 10:23 AM
Well the only thing else I can think of thats a V-8 and easy to get plus supported by cracked data codes is the Chev PU