: The manager of the Goodyear store is fighting me tooth & nail about mounting my tires

verbs
04-14-06, 04:09 PM
Ugggh. Gonna try to shorten this.

Take car into Goodyear store, rep measures tire. Tread is 2/32. Claim filed w/ Goodyear customer service who issues $1570 credit (free tires). I order GSD3s 245/275 combo. Store manager argues that I shouldn't order these and should get same tires. GSD3s are backordered a few weeks. Tires get in today about a month after ordered. I tell Goodyear store I have to get mounted ASAP because tires are getting unsafe to drive. I can only do on weekends because I travel on business, so I say has to be Saturday (tomorrow). Manager says he needs to be there but he doesn't work weekends and has family plans this Sat. or else he'd come in on his day off. He suggests next Sat.

I have a wedding to go to in 2 saturdays and say I cannot wait another 2 weeks. He insists he needs to be there because paperwork might get screwed up, and if it does I can't leave store with tire. Also wants to "re-verify" my tread depth because the guy working at his store is inexperienced :bigroll: . He can mount tires but not measure tread depth? Give me a break. He also tells me his store people have no experience doing a 4 tire adjustment, and then goes off on how if I had just got the same EMT tires this wouldn't be a problem, etc. Then even complains how I got different tire sizes in the rear than stock.

He's giving me this huge guilt trip like all this is my fault and it's causing him to cancel his Saturday plans. He's saying if things are not done right then his store has to pay for it etc.

The fact that he can't leave instructions for his staff to do the adjustment or have them call another manager for help is bullshit. He's up to something, and I'm hoping he doesn't look at my Hotchkis kit and try to blame it (it's been on the car for 500 miles).

pimpcaddy
04-14-06, 04:19 PM
The Manager either needs to train his employees or change his "personal" plans. I doubt that Goodyear would want to be liable for an "accident" caused by worned tires that the local dealer didn't have time to change out for you.

Good luck.

Dave

nikon
04-14-06, 04:21 PM
be vvvvveeeeerrrryyy careful,they scratched every single one of my rims, but it was ok since the dealer had screwed em up too, so they were eating it first. But ya thats pretty stupid.

urbanski
04-14-06, 05:00 PM
lol
call GY again about the manager being a jerk
or go to Discount Tire.

L.Sanchez
04-14-06, 05:05 PM
Sounds like the manager is on a power trip and NOTHING more. I've never heard such nonsense from any of the tire places I go to. Do you HAVE to go through that Goodyear store?

Ladis

blown black caddy
04-14-06, 06:58 PM
Ask him to SHOW IT TO YOU in writing where it states in the policy and procedures of that store or all Goodyear stores that he has to be there! Who runs the store when he's not there on the weekend? Call his bluff that's all it is. If it were me I'd be calling his supervisor (corporate) and tell them the story. He's just mad you got the upper hand,AKA jealous.

ChicagoCTS32
04-14-06, 09:25 PM
two words...

molotov cocktail... burn that store to the ground.

ok, that might a bit extreme, but it's still BS. Managers aren't workers, they're managers. He probably hasn't changed a set of tires in 5 years. Kick him in the nuts.

KILR CAD
04-14-06, 11:04 PM
Go to another store, they can get those tires from the first store and mount them, or try an America's Tire store like I did. You DO NOT have to go directly to a "Goodyear" store just an authorized dealer.

verbs
04-15-06, 03:11 PM
Go to another store, they can get those tires from the first store and mount them, or try an America's Tire store like I did. You DO NOT have to go directly to a "Goodyear" store just an authorized dealer.

The tires are already at that goodyear store, maybe I'll call to setup an appointment elsewhere. Good idea. Definitely going to call Goodyear to complain.

verbs
04-15-06, 03:13 PM
The Manager either needs to train his employees or change his "personal" plans. I doubt that Goodyear would want to be liable for an "accident" caused by worned tires that the local dealer didn't have time to change out for you.

Good luck.

DaveNo shit he needs to train em. What I don't get is the same guy he trusts to swap tires on his own can't be trusted to measure tread depth on my tires or to do a 4 tire adjustment in the CPU. He could take 15 minutes to train the dude before I came in, not too tough.

DeputyDog
04-15-06, 09:36 PM
I'm having a problem with the goodyear dealer in my town. He did the adjustment for me but because goodyear told him the runcraps were designed for the car and that's what goodyear recommends he does not feel comfortable putting on the the gsd3. He even called the owner of the company and was told no go.

I call goodyear to complain and was told just to have me sign that I know there not run craps and that I requested the tire. I told the guy at the store and he said he would have to call goodyear to comfirm. And if goodyear is willing to release liability then he would do it. I don't see how goodyear is going to release liability.

What a joke. Big business knows what's better for the common man. Liabilty these days has become out of control.

CIWS
04-15-06, 10:06 PM
I'm having a problem with the goodyear dealer in my town. He did the adjustment for me but because goodyear told him the runcraps were designed for the car and that's what goodyear recommends he does not feel comfortable putting on the the gsd3. He even called the owner of the company and was told no go.

Designed for runcraps ? If so that's because they didn't put a spare in the car. So buy yourself a spare and then tell them you just redesigned the car to run without them. :D

ChicagoCTS32
04-15-06, 11:18 PM
Designed for runcraps ? If so that's because they didn't put a spare in the car. So buy yourself a spare and then tell them you just redesigned the car to run without them. :D

HILARIOUS!

Florian
04-16-06, 08:57 PM
managers aren't workers, they're managers. He probably hasn't changed a set of tires in 5 years. Kick him in the nuts.

That is classic....as Chitown CTS says, a swift kick in the man marbles will set him right....

F