: Anyone want to sell Strut Tower Brace???

FaithInWarbird
04-14-06, 03:55 PM
I am looking to upgrade suspension and need to get a hold of a Strut Tower & Brace. If anyone has upgraded to an aftermarket and wants to see the old one i would be interested. I am in Phoenix AZ.

Thanks everyone in advance!

StealthV
04-14-06, 04:04 PM
The strut tower brace used on the V is $20 new from GM. Part Number 25760957

FaithInWarbird
04-14-06, 04:09 PM
The strut tower brace used on the V is $20 new from GM. Part Number 25760957

I just read something on the BMR that says the stock V Brace is purely cosmetic, is this true? http://www.bmrfabrication.com/CTS-Vpage.htm

If so would it be worth the money to purchase the BMR unit?

BadCad
04-14-06, 04:21 PM
I have a '04 - '05 factory CTS-V strut tower brace available I was going to list on eBay. PM me or email at writestephan@yahoo.com if interested.

StealthV
04-14-06, 04:21 PM
From an engineering perspective, the BMR is the cosmetic piece compared to the factory brace. One can not stiffen the chassis by carrying a load perpendicular to the pivot centerline of a single pin joint. Engineering 101; ok, more like bolted joint design 210.

FaithInWarbird
04-14-06, 04:37 PM
From an engineering perspective, the BMR is the cosmetic piece compared to the factory brace. One can not stiffen the chassis by carrying a load perpendicular to the pivot centerline of a single pin joint. Engineering 101; ok, more like bolted joint design 210.

Well, here is what i am looking to do. I have an 03 CTS basic package,I am sure all you V guys thing im a loser! ;), anyway, i just put 20x7.5 +42mm wheels on with 245x35x20 tires. I am looking to lower it no more then 1.5 inches, i found the Eibach springs. I was figuring that i might as well get a hold of a sway bar kit and a strut brace while i am at it so that when i get it alligned i can make sure i have everything on. From what i have read in other threads i should not have any problems doing this, problems being rubbing, tire wear, etc... Now at one point someone said i may have to roll the rear fenders..

Everyone's thoughts???

FaithInWarbird
04-14-06, 04:46 PM
The CTS-V brace doesnt fit the stock cts! You have to order the 06 sport brace and have your hood modified for clearance......

Dubbed, the stance on your car looks great. Do you only have the EIbach spring kit?

StealthV
04-14-06, 04:47 PM
Anyone got the P/N for the 2006 STB?

urbanski
04-14-06, 04:52 PM
what?
engineers > *
:)

FaithInWarbird
04-14-06, 06:12 PM
Part number is 15245609

Yes, I will sell you my springs.....

How is you clearence, do you have any tire rubbing? Did you just roll the rears and was it necessary? How is the ride with the Eibachs? Yeah i may be interested

heavymetals
04-14-06, 06:18 PM

I thought it was there to keep the hood from collapsing onto the motor if someone sits/lays on the hood.:rolleyes:

StealthV
04-14-06, 06:22 PM
When looking at the car from the front, it won't keep the chassis from doing this

/____/

or this

\_____\

Single bolted joint bad. Multiple bolted joint good.

2004ctsv
04-14-06, 06:45 PM
When looking at the car from the front, it won't keep the chassis from doing this

/____/

or this

\_____\

Single bolted joint bad. Multiple bolted joint good.

But it will stop you from doing /____\ or \____/

T

urbanski
04-14-06, 07:05 PM
will it stop this

<___<

>___>

^___^

?

ctsvett
04-14-06, 07:23 PM
I think heavymetals is referring to this with regards to the colapsing hoods:

CAUTION: Questionable content** Not for children..

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/posttemp/hotv.jpg

Reed

mostoyzwinz
04-14-06, 07:38 PM
Best hood ornament I've seen in a while. :thumbsup:

urbanski
04-14-06, 07:39 PM
lol
OF COURSE that pic got on the FAQ :rolleyes:

:p :hide: