: BMR Pinion support brace and Trailing arms?

CaDDyNick04
04-14-06, 03:24 PM
im def thinking about buying these two items. Talked to Ed (salesman at Ligenfelter) and he saud they will help the Rear end/wheel hop alot....Anyone have these two items? Hard to install? Also with my corsa catback that im getting onMonday will anything hit each other as the new trailing arms or pinion support brace ect? Thanks

lasstss
04-14-06, 04:47 PM
im def thinking about buying these two items. Talked to Ed (salesman at Ligenfelter) and he saud they will help the Rear end/wheel hop alot....Anyone have these two items? Hard to install? Also with my corsa catback that im getting onMonday will anything hit each other as the new trailing arms or pinion support brace ect? Thanks

The pinion brace adds noise and probably will void the warranty. The trailing arms rattle like loose change. Basically a noise kit but it does help.

CaDDyNick04
04-14-06, 05:10 PM
well thanks for the negative feedback.....anyone else??

Luna.
04-14-06, 06:30 PM
I would take caution is saying it probably will void the warranty. In my mind, it really depends on the dealership. I believe it's very easy to argue that such a support will HELP, say, differential life, as reduced wheel-hop has to be a good thing. My dealership shares this sentiment as well.

I think the general rule is that if you install something that doesn't directly cause the failure, such failed part will still be covered by warranty. I'm not sure how a dealership can make such a direct link with confidence.

Now I KNOW that such dealerships exist (god, I've visited Cadillac West in Las Vegas twice now and I will ONLY vist them if I absolutely have to, as they are so annoying to even LISTEN to about work covered under warranty), but I think such problem can be alleviated by just holding a discussion with them ahead of time. Explain your position to the service manager and get his/her thoughts up front--eliminate any concerns from the get-go is my thought

Closer_2001
04-14-06, 08:36 PM

Check the For Sale Section...I have a pinion support for sale like new.

lasstss
04-14-06, 10:01 PM
well thanks for the negative feedback.....anyone else??
Just trying to save you a buck, I bought all of this stuff so its not a guess.

Just an FYI to all of the V bretheren! Hanging on to the snout of the differential ALONE is a bad idea. It is a 3 point member, securing it at one point ... good luck. Its also an excuse to blame an aftermarket part for causing the failure. For the noobs, this is old news and has been a problem at the dealerships, like it or not. Granted, there are some who have a broader perspective. :thepan:

Imperator
04-14-06, 10:36 PM
I just installed a pinion support brace earlier this week and can't say it really makes a difference. Sure, I understand the OEM bushings allow for some deflection, but it doesn't look as if this bolt-on will help to control the pinion angle much. If anything, it just adds a small amount of support with a supplemental bushing. Why not just produce an OEM replacement bushing with higher durometer?

-Thinking of removing this mod. I can hear the gear whine on deceleration already.

GT04CTS-V
04-14-06, 10:38 PM
I had the pinion brace and ended up taking it off and selling it. Too much noise.

GT

CaDDyNick04
04-15-06, 04:25 PM
well looks like th epinion brace is no good how bout the traction bars by BMR?

maxspeed96ct
01-02-10, 04:56 PM
Ill be installing the bmr pinion brace soon.

But I plan on putting a much softer bushing in the top part of the brace .
Which will eliminate most of the additional noise and will alow the diff to still have some movement, which is needed IMO.

I also have a creative steel diff bushing waiting to be installed, I decided to drill 6 1/4 holes around in the polly cause It was way to stiff .

If the brace doesnt protect my diff it will atleast keep the driveshaft from whiping around if the diff does break (again).

Ill post up some pics, I plan on doing it next weekend.