: My V was bruised last night.

V-SATX
04-14-06, 10:43 AM
I picked my son up for Easter weekend and asked him to get his suitcase out of my trunk. He decides to play NASCAR driver and accidentally pulls it out of gear and releases the parking break. My V rolls down the driveway and smashes into the neighbors cherished 71 GTO parked directly behind my driveway.:rant2:

I thank God he wasn’t hurt. He scrapped his foot up a little thinking he could be like Fred Flintstone and stop the car with his right foot.:eek: We cleaned out the scraps on his toes and he will be fine. The V has a good size dent in the trunk lid and the bumper and surrounding area are scrapped up pretty bad.

On a brighter note my brother and his wife are the proud parents of a new baby girl, 6lbs 1 oz 19 ˝ inches long born this morning at 9:15 am.:alchi: time.

ChicagoCTS32
04-14-06, 10:48 AM
That sucks... Glad to hear nobody was hurt. How was your neighbor?

V-SATX
04-14-06, 10:54 AM
He is on vacation; the car was just parked behind me unfortunately.

nikon
04-14-06, 10:57 AM
:histeric: I only laugh because I did the same to my dads isuzu when I was really young....was sittin in the driveway, running, and on the older cars which im sure you remember you didnt have to hit the brake to put em in gear. Well it didnt hit a car but it take out ours and the neighbors trash cans and all the junk that was piled there....:rolleyes: man was he pissed, it's all a part of growing up....hope you get it fixed soon.

urbanski
04-14-06, 11:02 AM
one word
Cavender
ask for john, tell him I sent you :p

DO NOT GO TO BATCHELOR

alternatively, Caliber on UTSA/IH-10 is good.

V-SATX
04-14-06, 11:10 AM
Thanks Urb. I need a cigar and a few beers now.:alchi:

urbanski
04-14-06, 11:12 AM
dinging your baby just makes you realize that you could either:
1. stress that it "will never be perfect" again.
2. realize its a f***ing CAR, doesn't matter, the body shop will take care of it, and your son didn't lose a leg.

:)
i fall into #2 after hitting 2 very unforgiving walls :D

Aresuu
04-14-06, 12:15 PM
I have had visions of that happening at my house and most likely outcome would be my V in the neighbors pool. :eek:
Glad no one was hurt. Congrats on the new little niece too - they are fun. :)

heavymetals
04-14-06, 12:50 PM
I guess it is all part of growing up, and one of those things that you can reflect on (maybe with laughter).

Glad no one got hurt.

An ex-friend of mine had his daughter do that to his Mercedes and she rolled it down a hillside/driveway.:eek:
He of course, blamed the car.:thehand:
She wasn't hurt.

VELOSE
04-14-06, 01:54 PM
V-SATX, so I know at what age my son will want to pretend behind the wheel, how old is your son?

BTW, I hope the neighbor doesn't make this accident a big deal for you.;)

V-SATX
04-14-06, 02:13 PM
Velose,

My son is 9 and prior to the incident we were replaying the Texas NASCAR event last weekend. The neighbors car is an old GTO maybe worth 2k as is. My insurance will repair his car completely. If I were him I would be glad I am getting new panels if possible because the impact exposed nothing but bondo from his door and rear quarter anyway. So I am sure he will get it fixed right this time with my insurance footing the bill.

:thepan:

urbanski
04-14-06, 02:17 PM
or he'll keep the check and buy something else :p

CADI-V
04-14-06, 07:46 PM
Glad to see your son is not hurt, the car is always fixable:thumbsup:

mostoyzwinz
04-14-06, 08:31 PM
Misery loves company so here's my 2 cents. At age 16, pulled in the driveway, made the right 90 deg up to the garage door, on the fly, opened the car door, started stepping out as I grabbed the column shifter to throw it into park...knob came off end of handle and I tumbled out...car kept going. Wasn't pretty. Got my parents garage door openers for the next Xmas.

viperman5
04-14-06, 08:41 PM
This reminds me of when I was 15. I thought I was doing my Dad a favor by starting his Porsche 928 while he was coming back out from picking up a pizza. The car was in gear and lurched forward. It messed up lip spoiler a little bit. I was more embarassed than there was damage to the car.
Glad your son is OK.

urbanski
04-15-06, 06:38 AM
reminds me of the end scene from Ferris Beuller's Day Off LOL

azombie
04-15-06, 11:05 AM
so did you do like proper Taliban and remove the child's hands?

V-SATX
04-15-06, 11:45 AM
I just un-dug him from his pit in the backyard. It took a while to get the honey and sand and fire ants off his body.:eek: He's recovering now.

urbanski
04-15-06, 12:12 PM
:p
lmfao

JCM1
04-15-06, 12:19 PM
Well, this story is bringing back all kinds of 'fond' memories so it's my turn to share. My house at the end of a 125 foot driveway on a downward slope. At my fifth birthday party I was in my aunt's two week old Lincoln Mark VII LSC. I was playing with the gear lever and it shifted and rolled down my driveway into the back of my mother's car. Thank god no one was in between the cars at the time.
This seems to be a common thing that happens. Thank god when no one gets hurt when it does happen. As far as exposing all the bondo, you might have done your neigbor a favor if anything. Too bad your car had to take a hit for it that to happen. Thank god no one was hurt and thank god for great insurance companies.