: anyone with clutch tsb fix done already

alcast082
04-13-06, 10:33 PM
Can anyone give any info on the new clutch tsb????
I herd it decreases the clunking because of a different flywheel. I'm trying to get this done at my dealer but i am having diffuculty getting them to do it fo rme.
any info ???

CTSV05
04-14-06, 01:06 AM
It has nothing to do with the flywheel.

Its strictly a presuure plate issue.

Ryan's '05-V
04-14-06, 02:01 AM
I had the one from April 2005, 05-07-31-001 for pedal sticking, done and the clunking I heard when travelling slow and shifting and when engaging the clutch as I approach a stop has gone away. I'm happy with that but my new 06 diff has been a little whiny from the start. The tech said it will improve and I hope it does. It was very worth while for me.
Good luck.

tweeter81
04-14-06, 10:29 AM
I have the same problem with my dealership not wanting to replace the parts due to the TSB. The service rep will only fix the clutch if he can replicate the problem, and I understand the need for that, but this problem is one that only usually occurs during "spirited driving" such as trying to test my new Toyo 285s and see how much the wheel hop is reduced or doing short 0-60 runs. So there is no way the service rep will be able to replicate the problem, nor would I want him to. The thing that upsets me the most is what if I am at a stop light, on a steep hill, and accidentally over-rev (while feathering the clutch) the car a little trying to get going and not kill it, the clutch could possibly stick to the floor. Then an accident ensues. One question though: is a TSB not about one stop below a recall? It is a known issue with, apparently, a significant % of owners experiencing the problem, so why does the dealer even ask a question about it, it should be an automatic fix. I mean we, as Cadillac owners, are not trying to get free new parts, if the problem wasn't there, there would be no issue. Anyway, sorry about the rant I just wanted to share my thoughts.

C.J.

nikon
04-14-06, 12:05 PM
I have the same problem with my dealership not wanting to replace the parts due to the TSB. The service rep will only fix the clutch if he can replicate the problem, and I understand the need for that, but this problem is one that only usually occurs during "spirited driving" such as trying to test my new Toyo 285s and see how much the wheel hop is reduced or doing short 0-60 runs. So there is no way the service rep will be able to replicate the problem, nor would I want him to. The thing that upsets me the most is what if I am at a stop light, on a steep hill, and accidentally over-rev (while feathering the clutch) the car a little trying to get going and not kill it, the clutch could possibly stick to the floor. Then an accident ensues. One question though: is a TSB not about one stop below a recall? It is a known issue with, apparently, a significant % of owners experiencing the problem, so why does the dealer even ask a question about it, it should be an automatic fix. I mean we, as Cadillac owners, are not trying to get free new parts, if the problem wasn't there, there would be no issue. Anyway, sorry about the rant I just wanted to share my thoughts.

C.J.

you'd have to accidentally over rev above 6k, which is when this happens....but ya I agree, I can never replicate the problem when the shop foreman is in the car with me, and they dont believe me when I say it happens every once in a while...ugh, I hate dealers.

Ryan's '05-V
04-14-06, 12:31 PM
Months ago my dealer beat on my car for 26 miles and couldn't duplicate it and the ASM said no even though I know my VIN was part of the TSB.
I went to another dealer and no questions asked, they did it and it has really helped.
My biggest issue more than anything is this is a safety issue #1! When it happened to me the first time I didn't knwo what was happening but this can be real dangerous and it surprises anyone would shrug this off.
I would call customer service on this to see if they can help push the dealer for you.
Good luck to all. My first dealer just sucked, period.

alcast082
04-14-06, 02:08 PM
I need to find the thread again, There was a person saying there was a new clutch tsb,
In the tsb they replaced the whole clutch assembly including flywheel and this decreased the clunk substantially.

tweeter81
04-17-06, 01:16 PM
Does anyone know the link to the new clutch (or pressure plate) TSB?

atdeneve
04-17-06, 03:16 PM
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/tsb/data/05-07-31-001.pdf

calicadi
04-18-06, 09:45 PM
Can anyone give any info on the new clutch tsb????
I herd it decreases the clunking because of a different flywheel. I'm trying to get this done at my dealer but i am having diffuculty getting them to do it fo rme.
any info ???
See my thread

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/71870-clutch-trunk-tsb-completed.html

I had to demo the problem for the dealer. The were too shy about shifting near redline. And yes, some of the end-play/free-play is taken up and noise is reduced. Bonus.... clutch pedal is now adjusted properly!

CTSVONFIRE
04-19-06, 08:54 AM
I think the new clutch is junk to. I'm just gonna put a performance clutch in mine as soon as this one bites the dust. Pedal stuck to the floor on Friday night.