: Discolouration on Rims....

Jon
04-13-06, 10:47 AM
Ok guys, does anyone else have this?

On the spokes (not the face) of my rims, I have a lotta discolouration coming up through the rims. They look like stains. I remember hearing about this here. I've spoken to the dealer, and they want to repaint my rims, but cannot guarantee a colour match. Not acceptable to me. The bodyshop manager has said that it is coming up from underneath the paint, and it's not something on the surface. I've been talking to Cadillac trying to get them to replace the rims. Just wondering if anyone else has had any experience with this. Thanks.

nikon
04-13-06, 11:18 AM
oh ya, I hear ya. Im in a big battle with my dealer now, I let them repaint it (mistake) the painter missed spots on the rims (paint wise) yes he didnt paint some parts. Theres dirt in the clear coat...just horrible, and now since the dealer did repaint them they didnt tell me they good willed it thus voiding any warranty I had with cadillac, so now I cant even get new rims under warranty from cadillac......Basically my attorney is involved and it's a huge battle, make sure if they do anything that it's because cadillac authorized it under warranty....not because the dealer did it out of the goodness of their heart.....keep calling cadillac and get new rims DO NOT LET THEM REPAINT THEM!!!!

Jon
04-13-06, 11:24 AM
oh ya, I hear ya. Im in a big battle with my dealer now, I let them repaint it (mistake) the painter missed spots on the rims (paint wise) yes he didnt paint some parts. Theres dirt in the clear coat...just horrible, and now since the dealer did repaint them they didnt tell me they good willed it thus voiding any warranty I had with cadillac, so now I cant even get new rims under warranty from cadillac......Basically my attorney is involved and it's a huge battle, make sure if they do anything that it's because cadillac authorized it under warranty....not because the dealer did it out of the goodness of their heart.....keep calling cadillac and get new rims DO NOT LET THEM REPAINT THEM!!!!
Thanks man, I'll talk to Cadillac again. I just got off the phone with them.

Jon
04-13-06, 11:28 AM
Another question... Can you explain why they voided your warranty? And is it just the warranty on your rims? Or what? Cadillac does not want to replace my rims. I need to push them.

nikon
04-13-06, 12:01 PM
Another question... Can you explain why they voided your warranty? And is it just the warranty on your rims? Or what? Cadillac does not want to replace my rims. I need to push them.

They voided the warranty on just the rims...my car is still within the 12MO/12K paint warranty where there is no question's asked if anything is wrong with the paint in any way, shape or form it gets repaired under cadillac warranty. I got into it with the dealer and cadillac, I assumed cadillac authorized the re-paint of my rims under warranty. BUT since it did'nt go through cadillac and the dealer decided upon themselves to eat the bill, cadillac says they wont warrant the wheels anymore...even in a couple years from now, they say the dealer is now responsible since they took it upon themselves to get it done. Its really a huge cluster f*ck and it sucks, but now since the dealer already repainted the rims, I have no evidence to prove to cadillac that the rims SHOULD have been a warranty item, and they basically told me to have a nice day...So I got screwed make sure, double, triple check that if they do infact paint them that it is cadillac paying for it. And they must paint all four as well so they all match, which is what I insisted on.

ahahnu
04-13-06, 11:41 PM
Just get them dipped. It doews suck though. I've had valets scratch mine. Very lovely.

nikon
04-13-06, 11:59 PM
Just get them dipped. It doews suck though. I've had valets scratch mine. Very lovely.

been thinkin of having mine dipped, but nobody around me does it, and I'd really rather not have my car out of commision for over a week because it doesnt have rims....Besides I dont know how good chrome would look w/silver.

Jon
04-14-06, 12:23 AM
I don't like the chrome look... I wanna keep it stock. I'm gonna write the president of GM and get it resolved.

nikon
04-14-06, 12:07 PM
I don't like the chrome look... I wanna keep it stock. I'm gonna write the president of GM and get it resolved.

if that works, can I use you as a reference for my troubles???

Jon
04-14-06, 01:59 PM
Of course

tedcmiller
04-15-06, 03:46 PM
I had my stock wheels chromed and the whole car looks 100% better. It does not matter what color the car is, it will look better with chrome wheels. I did not like the looks of any of the aftermarket chrome wheels, so that is why I went with chroming the stock wheels. I actually did a chrome-exchange with the dealer so there was no down time.

Ziplicon Tuesday
04-15-06, 08:25 PM
I had my stock wheels chromed and the whole car looks 100% better. It does not matter what color the car is, it will look better with chrome wheels. I did not like the looks of any of the aftermarket chrome wheels, so that is why I went with chroming the stock wheels. I actually did a chrome-exchange with the dealer so there was no down time.

I've always felt the same....and agree on all points. Got any pics?

rand49er
04-15-06, 10:37 PM
Hey Jon, is it just the fronts? ... or is it all four? Just the fronts might indicate that it's something to do with the brake dust from the OEM pads.

Just a thought.

Jon
04-15-06, 11:31 PM
Hey Jon, is it just the fronts? ... or is it all four? Just the fronts might indicate that it's something to do with the brake dust from the OEM pads.

Just a thought.
All 4 of them bud.