Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Need Opinions About Custom Wheel Fitments

3K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  duneless 
#1 ·
Hey all -

I'm a first time poster who's been a member for a few months now and am in search of input surrounding the headache that is getting custom wheels/tires for the ATS.

I have a 2013 ATS, Luxury Edition (love it) and am attempting to buy a wheel/tire package from a company that is hesitant about the fit of the wheel and if there's enough space with the Brembo brakes. I dig the wheels and would hate to miss out on a good deal, below are the specs of the wheels - does anyone know if these will fit?

If not, what do you think would be required to have them fit (spacers)?

Thanks guys, much appreciated...

Wheel Make - TSW
Wheel Model - Carthage
Wheels Size - 19 x 8.0
Bolt Pattern - 5 x 115
Offset - +32mm
Hub Bore - 73.1

#2 ·
You can't be 100% sure just from those specs. Spokes and other parts of a wheel can be in the same space the calipers are independant of offsets and diameter. So some wheels with a specific size and offset can work while another wheel with the same specs won't. But since Cadillac uses 17" wheels with the Brembos, its very unlikely a 19" would have clearance problems if the offset is good. I don't know offhand what offset will work. Bolt pattern is right.

#4 ·
Stock luxury wheels are 17x8 with a 42 offset. Your new rims are the same width with a 32 offset, so your new rims will stick out 10mm more and you will gain 10mm of clearance on the inner edge. Also stock hubs are 70.3, so you will also need hubcentric rings.

#6 ·
No, as Hoosier said the only real way to make sure they fit is by trial. But with an extra 10mm of space due to the lower offset, there is a good chance they will clear the brakes. Hubcentric rings are only for the bore difference, to help prevent vibration.

#8 · (Edited)
I'm not sure how it's a pain in the ass - TSW's own website lets you search wheel fitment by vehicle. Did you or the shop check there?

Are they planning to get the wheels custom drilled? It doesn't look like TSW offers 5x115mm wheels; everything I see is 5x114.3mm, which is not the same.

#11 ·
myATS said:
Did they really redrill them? .35 of a mm on each side is not that much. 5x114.3 fits fine on a 5x115, many have done it.
Yes, they did. The company that put them on verified it thru TSW, they won't warranty the wheels if they aren't 5x115. The company won't even put them on due to liability issues.

----------

When I was shopping around for wheels, all of the wheel manufacturers that I talked to said they would redrill to 5x115 for me. Whether or not they actually do it may be a different story depending on the manufacturer.

#13 ·
AAIIIC said:
I'm not sure how it's a pain in the ass - TSW's own website lets you search wheel fitment by vehicle. Did you or the shop check there? Are they planning to get the wheels custom drilled? It doesn't look like TSW offers 5x115mm wheels; everything I see is 5x114.3mm, which is not the same.
I've been looking pretty intently for wheels and tires since purchasing my ATS back in March and have yet to get a definitive answer out of any wheel/tire dealer. Each one has said that the fit of the wheel isn't guaranteed because of the Brembo brakes.

I can spend the money and risk the purchase for the 19s but would have to waive the ability to return them - all sales would be final.

Cadillac has yet to release information of wheel fitment and my model is two years old, that's absurd.

That's one hell of a risk and would certainly qualify as being a major pain the ass to me...

#17 ·
Yeah buddy, I hear ya. I appreciate the input and think I'll go ahead and take the risk.

I'd feel a little less nervous if I were buying 5 x114.3s just because if they don't fit then I could re-sell them a little easier than I could with 5 x 115s. But what the hell, I'm dying out here without these shoes!!!

PS, where in CT are you from?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.