: Tires, tires, tires...

GOTTSPD
04-12-06, 09:28 PM
So, here's the story...

Due to the horrible mileage we get from our F1 Supercars, a couple of months ago, I bought 3 barely used Toyo T1-S 255/45/18s from Lindsay Cadillac and I got one new one from Radial Tire to hold onto until it was time to replace the Supercars.

I noticed the other day that the Supercars were pretty darn close to being done, so based upon the experience of the others on this board, I called Goodyear and they sent me to a local shop who measured the tread depth. The tread was at 4/32 after 6K miles! Goodyear is offering me about $200/tire and I'm having Radial Tire do the deal for me. I'm going to put GSD3's in 245/45/18 up front and 275/40/18 out back. I'm hopeful that my total out of pocket will be between $275-$350. I'll just continue to hold onto the T1-S's for the time being. Maybe at some I'll sell the Toyos, but for time being,

For any of you that have put 275s on the stock rear rims, do you find that the wheelhop is worse?

dannystang
04-12-06, 11:12 PM
So, here's the story...

Due to the horrible mileage we get from our F1 Supercars, a couple of months ago, I bought 3 barely used Toyo T1-S 255/45/18s from Lindsay Cadillac and I got one new one from Radial Tire to hold onto until it was time to replace the Supercars.

I noticed the other day that the Supercars were pretty darn close to being done, so based upon the experience of the others on this board, I called Goodyear and they sent me to a local shop who measured the tread depth. The tread was at 4/32 after 6K miles! Goodyear is offering me about $200/tire and I'm having Radial Tire do the deal for me. I'm going to put GSD3's in 245/45/18 up front and 275/40/18 out back. I'm hopeful that my total out of pocket will be between $275-$350. I'll just continue to hold onto the T1-S's for the time being. Maybe at some I'll sell the Toyos, but for time being,

For any of you that have put 275s on the stock rear rims, do you find that the wheelhop is worse?

Ask Alcast, he has em, told me it eliminated alot of hop.

I hear its no good if you go on a race-track though, something about pushing and pulling

trukk
04-13-06, 12:26 PM
I think my hop is worse. Also the damned TSB bushings didn't do squat for me.

My $0.02

-chris