: Boy do I miss the FG2's

wildwhl
04-12-06, 09:16 PM
Last night I swapped back in some loaner shocks in the front while I figure out a fix for my broken FG2. I was told they were FE4's and didn't even think to check the part numbers (still haven't). Boy does the V handle and ride like C-R-A-P!

Those of you that have ever been on the the fence or considered the FG2's - the $1200 price is a bargain. This is, of course, if these shocks I'm using are FE4's. They could be stock CTS shocks which would explain the huge mismatch between 550lb Eibach springs and those shocks.

It is so bad, that I'm getting up early tomorrow and grinding and welding on the FG2 until it can be used again. I refuse to drive a Cadillac that handles like this :mad:

Next car has to be exactly what I want...I'm burning out on this mod madness.

WW

Mat347
04-12-06, 09:26 PM
How can you tell what shocks you have? By the PN only?? I ask because my V rides very rough and was thinking I might have the FG2s??

Luna.
04-12-06, 09:36 PM
Next car has to be exactly what I want...I'm burning out on this mod madness.WW

LMAO....

I'm not sure that is possible.

Hell, even if I was going to an E55 AMG, I'd STILL be dorking with it (related note--I believe the E55 is going to be retired, INCLUDING the wonderful, torque-monster-from-hell S/C motor. It will be replaced with a N/A motor much more aligned with BMWs line (high RPM, high HP, lower torque)--the E55 guys are NOT happy about this! :) )

In any case, I think that you have a case of wishful thinking. Very few production cars are going to meet the expectations of this group! :lildevil:

CVP33
04-12-06, 10:43 PM
It never stops. I told myself I wouldn't mod my SRT-8. So far:

Mopar CAI
Magnaflow high flow cat mid pipes and 3" catback
Changed all interior lights to blue LED's
Changed fog lights to 9005 Xenon 100watts
Pulled Hemi C emblems off and added SRT-8 emblems
Embroidered floor mats

Next:
Tinted windows
KW V2 coilovers
Hotchkis Swaybars

It just never freakin' stops. :thumbsup:

wildwhl
04-12-06, 11:07 PM
The part numbers are on a label on the shock. Check the .faq for the part numbers. Yes, the FG2's are firm- but in a good way :thumbsup:

Now...let's see. Used E55AMG and a 997 in the driveway...that'll work :)

WW

VELOSE
04-13-06, 01:40 AM
It never stops. I told myself I wouldn't mod my SRT-8. So far:

Mopar CAI
Magnaflow high flow cat mid pipes and 3" catback
Changed all interior lights to blue LED's
Changed fog lights to 9005 Xenon 100watts
Pulled Hemi C emblems off and added SRT-8 emblems
Embroidered floor mats

Next:
Tinted windows
KW V2 coilovers
Hotchkis Swaybars

It just never freakin' stops. :thumbsup:

This is why I won't get rid of my V either. I know that whatever replaces it, will get modded too. A supercharger will also be mandatory on the next car, so what's the point. ;)

Kadonny
04-13-06, 08:13 AM
I love my FG2's

VELOSE
04-13-06, 01:49 PM
WW, can you confirm what shocks you have as loaners? I want to know if the FE4's are really that much worse over FG2's. ;)

wildwhl
04-13-06, 02:12 PM
After a thrash session this morning and some creative welding techniques - the FG2 shocks are back in.

I cannot confirm the other shocks, except:

25772236 and 25772234 are the part numbers on them. They don't show up at GMPD. These were a pair I received back from a swap with the Wildwhl mod. I don't believe they are FE4 according to the .faq part numbers.

In otherwords, a member on this board screwed me. To quote my friend Mr. Hagar...

"....turn a corner and karma hits you in the face like a 10lb sledge...."

I'm off to burn some tires.

WW

Kadonny
04-13-06, 03:58 PM
Damn Caddy forum members....its not nice screwing WW :tisk:

wildwhl
04-14-06, 12:36 AM
Those shocks are NOT FE4 shocks...I'm sure of it now.

Man, the things you get when you do things for free.

WW

CTS-VPaco
04-14-06, 03:07 AM
"No good deed goes unpunished." - Some dude who's more sober and wise than I am right now!

ctsvett
04-14-06, 04:15 AM
I am actually really mad that someone would screw you over like that after all that you have done for the FAQ/Forum (lowering shims, calendars, katrina fundraising, and the millions of other little projects that you are working on)...

I hope whoever did that will step up and make the situation right...

Reed

wildwhl
04-14-06, 09:00 AM
In the meantime - anybody know what these shocks ARE for given the numbers listed above?

WW

wildwhl
04-14-06, 10:46 AM
I had an alignment done yesterday to the "aggressive street" specs on the .faq, or as close as they could come.

With the exception of the steering wheel being off-centered (I hate this shop but they're close to my work so I always THINK they'll be convenient) I must say this V is on rails.

Nice work Dreamin - and thanks Reed for hosting such a valuable resource.

On the mystery shocks - I'd like to clear jspridge of any wrong doing - these did NOT come from him. Now...will the real slim shady please stand up.

WW

jspridge
04-14-06, 12:17 PM
On the mystery shocks - I'd like to clear jspridge of any wrong doing - these did NOT come from him. Now...will the real slim shady please stand up.

WW

Thanks for that.

I'll still sign up to paypal you at least a portion of what the real evil doer set you back.

:highfive:

Staxxin
04-14-06, 12:22 PM
I had an alignment done yesterday to the "aggressive street" specs on the .faq, or as close as they could come.

With the exception of the steering wheel being off-centered (I hate this shop but they're close to my work so I always THINK they'll be convenient) I must say this V is on rails.

Nice work Dreamin - and thanks Reed for hosting such a valuable resource.

WW

Would the "aggressive street" be okay for daily driving?

I can't believe someone would do that to you. All the generosity and knowledge you offer. Man that sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VELOSE
04-14-06, 12:30 PM
That's my next mod for sure, performance alignment. I just need to get some new rubber for the stocks. Then, it's FG2's with ground control coils.:D

bryce3
04-14-06, 04:42 PM
:D
WW, can you confirm what shocks you have as loaners? I want to know if the FE4's are really that much worse over FG2's. ;)

Frank
Just come aroung the corner and I'll let you drive my V with the FG2's before and after I put the new sways on:D .
Sean

VELOSE
04-14-06, 08:04 PM
:D

Frank
Just come aroung the corner and I'll let you drive my V with the FG2's before and after I put the new sways on:D .
Sean

I'm calling you right now. We should just go for a little test run instead. Stock magnacharger tune vs. Stealth V tune.:lildevil: