: ICM Replacement

Rob_M
04-12-06, 06:45 PM
I just got an ICM from a junkyard for $100 and am about to install it. Is there anything special I need to do or know before I do this. I'm not too mechanically inclined but I've already spent a grip fixing my problems. Anyways, I think it should be fairly straight forward. Dont mix the wires up, so I figure I'll number them. Other than that, just unsnap the connectors and should be just a few bolts, right? Do you need to disconnect the battery or not? Hey, thanks in advance. Rob_M :confused:

Ranger
04-12-06, 07:11 PM
No need to pull battery power.

Rob_M
04-12-06, 07:19 PM
Thanks Ranger. They ought to put you on the payroll here someday! lol..:coffee:

Ranger
04-12-06, 07:35 PM
:thumbsup: I'll :alchi:to that.

Rob_M
04-12-06, 11:56 PM
Did it. Not too bad. Just numbered the sequence so I wouldnt forget which wire is which. Tried to lay the wires down as best as I could with out and kinks or stress on them. We put that insulation stuff over them so they should be ok. The lower bolts were the only thing I was unsure of. They seemed to sort of turn in place. I got one of them to grab but the other would never seem to stop. Anyways, all bolted in as tight as possible, plugged everything back up, and took her for a spin. So far, so good. Haven't felt my hesitation come back yet and it seemed full of juice. Didn't miss once. I notice when it's on a cold start, the hesitation is more prominent. I give it a shot in the mourning and see what it does.