: can't go over 65mph now!

moldowan
04-12-06, 05:01 PM
Because i got a damn ticket, 19mph over!
Luckily in texas the greedy courts will take more money and put you on a probation for 3 months ,then if you don't get a ticket in that time the original ticket is wiped clean.
my court date is in 6 weeks and add 3 months to that....... that means 18 weeks of obeying the posted limits!!!!!!:eek:
That is gonna be hard in the V-LOL
-moldy

blown65
04-12-06, 05:04 PM
Sure wish we were that lucky in Oregon.

DILLIGAF
04-12-06, 05:14 PM
Because i got a damn ticket, 19mph over!
Luckily in texas the greedy courts will take more money and put you on a probation for 3 months ,then if you don't get a ticket in that time the original ticket is wiped clean.
my court date is in 6 weeks and add 3 months to that....... that means 18 weeks of obeying the posted limits!!!!!!:eek:
That is gonna be hard in the V-LOL
-moldyBummer,hey I got an idea.How about a track day.:thepan:

VELOSE
04-12-06, 05:24 PM
Did you get that ticket trying to put another Audi A3 in its place? :lildevil:

moldowan
04-12-06, 05:29 PM
Did you get that ticket trying to put another Audi A3 in its place? :lildevil:

those damn audi's!!!!!:rant2: still looking for that guy!!!!!!
No, actually it was a 12:00am cigarette run! funny thing is as I'm pull over on a side street this drunk 20 something tries to take the street exit @ 50mph and skids across the road. Right in front of us-LOL
the cop tell her to park the car behind his and then writes my ticket. I ask him whats up with her and he says "she's drunk, i can smell it on her from outside the car" SO she went straight to jail:alchi:
-Moldy

urbanski
04-12-06, 06:44 PM
that's what i did, but they made me behave for 6 months!!
no viper for you!!
:(

kanned
04-12-06, 06:51 PM
Just be thankful you don't live in the police state of Virginia..

CVP33
04-12-06, 06:54 PM
Just be thankful you don't live in the police state of Virginia..

Amen. I've been very lucky and in fact my rates have gone down since switching from a V to an SRT-8.

Blacksport350
04-12-06, 08:42 PM
Wow, I wish we had that in Colorado. Tickets stay on your record for 3 years!

BadCad
04-12-06, 09:09 PM
my rates have gone down since switching from a V to an SRT-8.
mmmmm... what does that say about the SRT-8?

CVP33
04-12-06, 09:46 PM
mmmmm... what does that say about the SRT-8?

No SRT-8's totalled vs. several totalled CTS-V's by inexperienced drivers. Why do you ask?

blown65
04-12-06, 09:55 PM
Wow, I wish we had that in Colorado. Tickets stay on your record for 3 years!

Ya, same here in Oregon.

wildwhl
04-12-06, 10:05 PM
I'm nearly done with my year of penalty time...

Robby2006
04-12-06, 10:21 PM
Lucky for you it was only 19 over. I managed to get 25 over a month ago. Now I have to be slow for a while. Here is MN we get an extra fee tacked to the ticket for over 20.
It's going to be tough going this summer keeping the "V" and cycle within the limit's :tisk:

moldowan
04-13-06, 02:20 AM
Funny thing urby, when i drive the viper i don't feel the need to race as much. just knowing that the viper is IMO the king I'm content with driving it "easy" and letting everyone gawk-LOL
Plus with no electronic nannys in the srt-10 keeps me a bit more in line:burn:
-moldy

mostoyzwinz
04-13-06, 05:32 AM
27 over in CT (52 in a 25). Cop said I won highest speed award of the week. I checked off the 'no-lo-contendo' box and sent in the $180.
No points, no insurance company notification.
This is speeding ticket #2 on my dumb driving tricks list as I was rushing to pay property taxes in the next town, to save the $30 late fee, and get there before they closed. Brilliant move #1 occured while speeding to get a video back in time to avoid a $3 penalty. :thepan: <me

urbanski
04-13-06, 07:39 AM
hey moldy

where was this

and why didn't your V1 save you?

Devil_concours
04-13-06, 08:25 AM
anything over 20 is a reckless driving in va

VELOSE
04-13-06, 12:57 PM
Driving the V today and all I have on my mind is this thread. I don't have my V1 in the car and it just doesn't seem right.:suspense:

moldowan
04-13-06, 02:33 PM
Urby,
On blanco north of 1604. there is a sweeping curve and he came around it and hit me with an INSTANT ON gun. no time to react at all!

urbanski
04-13-06, 02:46 PM
damn, didn't know we had instant on here
sheriff?
and how the hell were you going so fast there, dude the traffic is HORRIBLE there. must have been 2am lol. you're a night owl. :p

thebigjimsho
04-13-06, 05:21 PM
Urby,
On blanco north of 1604. there is a sweeping curve and he came around it and hit me with an INSTANT ON gun. no time to react at all!Well then, using the government's, and more specifically the NHTSA's, guidelines on issuing tickets, yours would make an EASY ticket to get dismissed. Too bad you continue to enable the machine to keep chugging along. You and most people. If even 20% of the people actually educate themselves and fight these tickets appropriately, the system would have to change.

Thanks for nothing.

www.motorists.org (http://www.motorists.org)

moldowan
04-13-06, 06:40 PM
Urby,
Yes it was a bexar county sheriff. It was 12:00am so road was dead, except the drunks leaving kennedys bar- you know those irish-hehehehe

Jim, you lost me?
-moldy

Aresuu
04-14-06, 05:04 PM
I think Jim was probably referring to the fact that "instant on" or POP mode radar has not been proven as accurate enough to be used as evidence. I would definitely fight one of those. Here is a short reference:
http://www.valentine1.com/Moreinfo/pdf/POP_pg26.pdf

I read somewhere that the the guns don't actually save the POP mode readings.

Laser, on the other hand is evil! My V1 has alerted to laser a few times. No advanced warning at all. Maybe that is what got you?

RSW