: Its Getting Hot Inside

DeVille97
04-12-06, 04:13 PM
I would like to charge my air conditioning system in my 97" Deville. Unfortunately the compressor isn't running due to low refrigerant in the system. Does anyone know where the pressure sensor is and how to bypass it so that I can charge the system?

RATZLAFF
04-12-06, 06:31 PM
Basically the pressure switch is doing its job by not allowing the compressor to engage. You need to start installing freon after you figure out where the leak or fix other problems that may be occuring. if the freon is low and you start filling it up then the pressure switch will automatically activate and allow the compressor to run. the important thing here is that the freon carries the lubricating oil with it as it flows through the system that is why the compressor wont run with low freon due to the high and or low pressure sensors not letting it and protecting it usually. hope this helps

Ranger
04-12-06, 07:09 PM
Get the can all hooked up and ready to go. Then enter the onboard diagnostics and clear the low refrigerant code. Now the compressor will be enabled so it will draw in freon.

DeVille97
04-27-06, 08:19 AM
Thanks for the help. It turned out that the connector from the wiring harness to the low presure switch had somehow gone bad. Spliced a new one in, and after clearing codes everything works fine. This being a dealer only part, the connector costs $26 while the entire switch is $22??? How could Delphi go bankrupt?