: sts-v mods?

obzidian
04-12-06, 03:38 PM
Well, im looking to swap over from a cts-v and was wondering if there are any modifications, like a pulley and tune, for the sts-v.

I would look to get this car but i would want to be able mod it and up the power to get into the low 12'z/high11'z.

obzidian
04-14-06, 12:54 AM
anyone? Is it to early to even aske this? Im not sure....

Can anyone or does anyone know the blower model, for example eaton m12, that these northstar's have?

I read that they have 12psi from factory, and the stock boost gauge, which is REALLY trick, shows 15psi max..... so can we say more boost?

How about any suspension parts or stiffer shocks parts? Drove the vehicle and it was amazingly ast, but drove a bit to soft.... also, the trans felt a bit restircted between shifts...

good ride although im still unsure...

davesdeville
04-14-06, 03:17 AM
I don't know the model designation of the blower, but it is an all new Eaton unit displacing 122ci with a 2.1:1 pulley ratio.

The only mod I've heard of thus far would be a spray bar on the intercooler. I'm sure others are possible, or will be soon.

obzidian
04-15-06, 10:50 AM
2.1?

davesdeville
04-17-06, 04:37 AM
That's what I heard, I believe in an early popular hotrodding article. You'll want to doublecheck that because for all you know I'm just some idiot on the internet.

STS 310
05-03-06, 12:02 AM
That's what I heard, I believe in an early popular hotrodding article. You'll want to doublecheck that because for all you know I'm just some idiot on the internet.

LOL yea.

davesdeville
05-03-06, 06:42 AM
Are you tryin to say something? :p JK

STS 310
05-03-06, 02:41 PM
Now Dave, whould I do that?

Haha..

Dr. Design
05-17-06, 03:41 PM
Hello,
Well we are in the process of developing a new computer chip for the V-Series STS. We should have some HP & Tq figures within the next 4-6 weeks. Please let us know if there are any questions.
Thank you,

Well, im looking to swap over from a cts-v and was wondering if there are any modifications, like a pulley and tune, for the sts-v.

I would look to get this car but i would want to be able mod it and up the power to get into the low 12'z/high11'z.

Kadonny
05-22-06, 11:29 AM
Any exhaust upgrades out yet? Corsa maybe?

Dr. Design
05-24-06, 12:13 PM
Hello,
Initial testing resulted in double digit HP & TQ gains on the V-series with our new intake system! We will have additional updates soon.
Thank you,

Bartlett_2
05-24-06, 01:58 PM
Please do keep us updated. I for one will be interested in purchasing at the very least, a chip, intake, sc pulleys, and exhaust when they become available.

Dr. Design
05-30-06, 01:14 PM
Hello,
We thought we would go ahead and post some of the dyno figures for the V-Series intake system we are working on. Please note we have made an increase of 17.71 HP & 16.89 TQ!!! You will also notice there is about a 23% drive train loss for the V-Series. Figures were taken at the wheels. We will continue testing new components and developing power for a 500HP Package (at the crank). Please let us know if there are any questions.
Thank you,

caddyv8v
05-31-06, 01:14 PM
great news on the intake. how about that 23% loss coming down the pike. oh well. please update us as soon as product becomes available. count me in on a pulley and ecu upgrade. clay - 06 sts-v, stock for now.

BlownN*
05-31-06, 11:18 PM
23% driveline loss?:eek: That's hard to believe.

thoredan
06-01-06, 12:27 AM
You can also contact me @ danny@gandmenterprising.com
I have XLR-V and interested in ECU upgrades.

Thanks

Bartlett_2
06-01-06, 11:54 AM
I agree on the 23% loss not sounding legit.

ssstealth
06-01-06, 10:23 PM
Dr. D,

Is the positioning of the intake very different from stock? Although there is a lot of grill area, I am worried about blocking access to the intercooler air flow.

Also, with the air intake actually at the back of the engine compartment, have you investigated different paths to the TB?

Thanks,

Bill

Dooman
06-02-06, 08:31 AM
I also remember reading something from one of the engineers/designers of this engine that there should be some power gained from an exhaust upgrade. Open it up while you're at it...

Dr. Design
06-02-06, 05:02 PM
Hello,
The position is very similar to the stock intake location. In no way have we reduce airflow to the aforementioned intercooler. In the STS V8 an alternative path might work. But in the V-series you are only able to use the angles the plastic pipe gives you coming off the throttle body. The engineers typically play with various mounting locations. The ones that make it to production are always the best paths, performance, and most economical. Please let us know if there are any questions.
Thank you,

Dr. D,

Is the positioning of the intake very different from stock? Although there is a lot of grill area, I am worried about blocking access to the intercooler air flow.

Also, with the air intake actually at the back of the engine compartment, have you investigated different paths to the TB?

Thanks,

Bill