Cadillac Owners Forum banner

New to me V

820 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  lamrith 
#1 ·
Hey all,

I picked up a 2006 Black/Tango w/ 89k a few weeks ago. I still have my 2005 1SG AWD, but it has been largely ignored since I got the V :)
Naturally, as I'm in it and driving it more, I've noticed a few oddities that you guys may be able to shed some light on.

1. It has a sporadic hesitation at either the 1-2 or 2-3 up shift. Under light to medium throttle, it will sometimes cut power for about a second just before/during an upshift. There is no stability/traction control indication when this happens. It's like someone hits a kill switch and then cuts it back on.

2. The passenger side right hand HVAC vent fits poorly. Specifically, it is flush to the dash around the middle, but sticks up from the dash about a millimeter or two at the top and bottom. I already swapped the piece from my 05 with no change in fitment.

3. Exhaust drone. It has a Magnaflow system, but to what extent I don't know yet. Either way, it sounds great, but has an incredible amount of drone at low RPM under load that gradually dissipates as RPM increases or load decreases. I don't particularly mind, but my wife hates it. I had an 05 Corvette with a Borla system that sounded just as good minus the drone. Any thoughts?

Any recommendations or tips on the above or in general would be great!

Thanks!

See less See more
#5 ·
Hesitation is one of the primary symptoms of the fuel pump, but odd for it to be the fuel pump if it only happens on certain shifts though, but worth a look..

Trans tune will help too possibly.

On the drone I get a pretty good drone from my magnaflow catback (midpipe and resonators at rear), odd thing is it is only noticeable in the drivers seat.? I was in passenger seat when wife drove once and car was quiet..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.