: 79 coupe deville d'Marchand

79 coupe d'Marchand
04-11-06, 11:56 PM
I just bought my first classic cadi! It is a 79 coupe devill d,Marchand and i can not find any info on it. there was one web site but it was not a lot of help. i am hoping that someone can help me figure out what it is and how common it was. i know that its mainly consisted of a two tone black and silver paint with red pin strips and an interior to match with red piping in the seats. please help me if you can

Pete Benson
04-12-06, 05:57 PM
I just bought my first classic cadi! It is a 79 coupe devill d,Marchand and i can not find any info on it. there was one web site but it was not a lot of help. i am hoping that someone can help me figure out what it is and how common it was. i know that its mainly consisted of a two tone black and silver paint with red pin strips and an interior to match with red piping in the seats. please help me if you can

I can't give you much specific information about the car, but I remember them very well. A buddy of mine bought a brand new one back in '79, which I believe was the only year it was offered. It was a very, very sharp looking car. I rode in it many times and enjoyed every mile.

One thing I'm fairly sure about is that this modified Coupe deVille was a factory built special-edition, and not an aftermarket package.

There's a frequent poster on this board named Sandy who has an astounding knowledge of specific Cadillac models, equipment, colors, production numbers, etc. I hope he sees your post, because if anyone can answer your questions, he's the one.

79 coupe d'Marchand
04-12-06, 11:15 PM
Thank you for your feedback. I have been looking for a coupe de for a few yaers and this one came up. It is hard to find a nice one here in Buffalo (rust belt). Any more info would be appreciated. I also agree that it is very shap and also love ever mile. I like driving this one better than my '97 STS!!!

Sandy
04-13-06, 12:09 AM
I remember the car, but sadly have no info on it. All of my production numbers for mini-runs, special editions and the like begin with 1985. That doesn't help you, however. As a general rule most of these "Spring-Specials" had runs of 1,500.

Benzilla
04-13-06, 12:58 AM
I want pics I want pics!!! hehe

CaddymanTom
04-13-06, 02:47 PM
Was that the one on E-bay a couple weeks ago? If so that was a nice car. I believe they also called that the "Chicago Edition for the folks in the midwest.

79 coupe d'Marchand
04-13-06, 05:52 PM
Nope not on Ebay i found locally here. It was a trade in from the dealership. The chicago edition also comes up blank. As for the pictures i am having problems getting them to load i will have the in a day or two.

Bro-Ham
04-14-06, 08:09 AM
Hi,

There was a "Northbriar" Edition of the 1979 Coupe deVille that was popular in the upper midwest back then. Silver over black two-tone. Special badging.

Please post some pictures of the d'Marchand so we can all see it.

Dave

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-14-06, 10:34 AM
Ah yes I was waiting for your input on this one Dave.

A3D
04-14-06, 10:49 AM
A quick search produced this page with two smallish pics on it. Once there, do a page search with the keyword "D'Marchand" and you'll find them.

http://www.car-nection.com/cadillacdatabase//Dbas_txt/Drm77-79.htm

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-14-06, 01:34 PM
Oooh thats real nice! I really like that sharp two tone paint scheme, and the two tone interior looks excellent!

nymike59
04-17-06, 11:37 AM
Hi Every One Mike from Montgomery NY here. I"m looking for D'Machand info also. My Buddy has one with 20000 miles in His garage.He puchased it new from Dick Gidron Cadillac in the Bronx in 1979.(Disco was in Full swing) LOL. The car was on a turn table in the middle of the showroom. I believe He paid $16000 about 5g's more that a normal coupe. The Car has been garage kept . Looks like He's ready to buy a 69 chevelle ss ..So He's looking to find the value:confused: . Thanks Mike

Wheelman322
01-14-07, 12:09 PM
The D'Marchand was a $1600 "dealer installed" option. Also referred to as the "Chicago Edition" this package consisted of a two-tone silver over black paint scheme and matching two-tone interior. I don't have production numbers, but will post them up when I find them. They used to pop-up on ebay quite a bit a few years ago, but NYMikes is the only one i've seen in the past 6 months.

nymike59
01-14-07, 04:09 PM
Problem was Tony Paid More Tham $1600....It was kinda like an ZO 6 Vette the dealer tacked on Mucho Dollars...Mike

nymike59
01-14-07, 04:13 PM
Well Boys the D'Marchand didnt sell. I guess its stays under the cover. As far as The "Chicago Edition" That was Just some cheap glue on Tags that were Dealer Installed on the dash and Trunk.

patgizz
01-16-07, 03:57 PM
which one didnt sell, the one that i was watching on ebay that had an insanely high reserve?

nymike59
01-17-07, 11:35 AM
No It was the "Ohio Edition" 4 wheel drive ,mud shields , Camo seat covers , Dual Truck exhaust with flappers........

Lord Cadillac
01-17-07, 12:16 PM
Well.. Here's a picture, anyway...

patgizz
01-17-07, 01:44 PM
No It was the "Ohio Edition" 4 wheel drive ,mud shields , Camo seat covers , Dual Truck exhaust with flappers........

now i remember why i quit coming here.... assklown.

Benzilla
01-17-07, 03:25 PM
Well.. Here's a picture, anyway...

That's so badass. Hey, I should buy one to go with my Phaeton. That would be some couple!

Pete Benson
01-17-07, 06:46 PM
Veeerrrrrry sharp, although it would have looked cleaner without the landau roof. Two-toned cars shouldn't have vinyl tops, even if the top matches the "upper" color - the whole effect just looks cluttered.

Highway Star
01-17-07, 08:16 PM
January (or dead of winter) probably isn't the best time of the year to sell a car like that, especially on Ebay. I'd relist it in the spring. I'm assuming the reserve was somewhere north of 10K.

Wheelman322
01-19-07, 06:06 PM
January (or dead of winter) probably isn't the best time of the year to sell a car like that, especially on Ebay. I'd relist it in the spring. I'm assuming the reserve was somewhere north of 10K.

Possibly add more detailed pictures and explain the non-factory issue wheels on the car.:2thumbs:

nymike59
01-19-07, 07:22 PM
Wheelman ...Your right on both counts. The dealer installed the cragar wire wheels . Photos were not perfect . I told Tony to have the car professionally detailed and photographed. Either way He doesnt care if it sells. He's had it since new and is still attached. p.s. He has some guys still calling offers up to $15000 .Mike

Wheelman322
01-27-07, 12:04 AM
Wheelman ...Your right on both counts. The dealer installed the cragar wire wheels . Photos were not perfect . I told Tony to have the car professionally detailed and photographed. Either way He doesnt care if it sells. He's had it since new and is still attached. p.s. He has some guys still calling offers up to $15000 .Mike

He should jump on those offers. I can't see the car bringing in more than that.