: Body Pieces

80Coupe
04-11-06, 08:53 PM
Ok guys, from your experience, I need to change out some of the cracked and broken plastic pieces (1 tailfin and 1 front side piece). Can you give me a recommendation on getting these in either fiberglass or the ABS plastic ones??? And how hard is installation of these pieces?? I know I will have to have them painted to match the car. Thanks for the info.

brougham
04-11-06, 11:43 PM
Do a search for it. There are a lot of posts around about those parts.

80Coupe
04-12-06, 12:55 PM
Ok, not to sound like a total DA, where on the forums is a search function??? am I overlooking it?? and to find some info on these pieces, do I search for what keyword. Thanks guys...

Benzilla
04-12-06, 11:35 PM
I'll save you time, go on ebay, theres a guy that sells fiberglass sets for $100 each, for a whole set:front, rear and two license plate pieces. thats where I got mine.

80Coupe
04-13-06, 09:02 AM
Thanks for the info. I saw those on Ebay and was wondering which was better, the fiberglass or the ABS plastic ones. Also before I ordered these, I was asking anyone how difficult it will be to change these pieces out.

caddieman
04-13-06, 10:33 AM
what is the search for to find the guy with the fiber glass ones for 100 each i cant find it

brougham
04-13-06, 04:56 PM
Ok, not to sound like a total DA, where on the forums is a search function??? am I overlooking it?? and to find some info on these pieces, do I search for what keyword. Thanks guys...

On one of the bars near the top of the page there's a search button. Those parts are called fin extensions or I think bumper fillers. They're soft so that if someone hits the bumper and it gets pushed in it won't break them or do any damage to the car. Some of the posts say how to get them off. They're usually screwed on from behind.

Benzilla
04-13-06, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the info. I saw those on Ebay and was wondering which was better, the fiberglass or the ABS plastic ones. Also before I ordered these, I was asking anyone how difficult it will be to change these pieces out.
I don't think it really matters, their both strong and will last longer than the stock ones. their a pain in the ass to install, in the back you have to take off the bumper and taillights, in the front you don't have to take anything off but its still a pain.

Oh, and the guy on ebay really raised his prices $275+$30 shipping.
http://http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1980-1992-CADILLAC-DEVILLE-FLEETWOOD-BUMPER-FILLERS_W0QQitemZ8056131535QQcategoryZ33640QQrdZ1Q QcmdZViewItem