: New Hawk Pads!

BADAZGN
04-11-06, 08:21 PM
I put my new Hawk pads this past weekend finally. I love them. about 300 miles now and you can't tell by looking at the wheels! Not like with the stockers, one day and it looks like you have been weeks with out washing the wheels!

Anyone on the fence about these, call James @ Lindsy and get a set. They are well worth the money. I know I will recoup my money in less wheel cleaner boought and my time spent washing them everyother day!:eek:

They feel great as far as their performance! Just wanted to share.

Matthew

homer403
04-11-06, 09:21 PM
I have to agree... it's another night and day mod. :thumbsup:

Lindsay Cadillac
04-11-06, 09:41 PM
Glad you are happy with the pads... I have to agree that these pads are a great replacement. I rank them right up there with the shifter as a "must-do mod"

wildwhl
04-12-06, 12:44 AM
Alright James...how much $$$ do I need to send you :horse:

WW

StealthV
04-12-06, 12:47 AM
Me too... just put on the summer wheels tonight, did some spirited driving and already look like they live at a coal mine.

ctsvett
04-12-06, 12:54 AM
I'm in too... Its about time...

Reed

Tuner@A&ACorvette
04-12-06, 02:28 AM
they do work nicely, though

VELOSE
04-12-06, 02:29 AM
I'd like to get some opinions of the guys who track their V. I don't know if I want to get rid of brake dust and possibly lose brake performance. Is there any gain or loss in brake performance?

BADAZGN
04-12-06, 07:47 AM
I'd like to get some opinions of the guys who track their V. I don't know if I want to get rid of brake dust and possibly lose brake performance. Is there any gain or loss in brake performance?

I do not have any track experiance, but as far as I can tell there is no loss of performance. I feel they work as well if not better.

Hawk has a great name in the Autocross racing bussines. Speaking wih a friend that teaches Driving at Summit Point, he uses Hawk Pads on his Vette. Plus, from what I hear most of the Vette guys run them.

Hope this helps!

Matthew

kgoch
04-12-06, 07:52 AM
The Hawk Pads will outperform the stock pads any day. The initial feel under hard braking will be that they are not going to work, but as soon as they heat up they will stop much faster than the stock. AND NO BRAKE DUST.

Lindsay Cadillac
04-12-06, 08:45 AM
We have several sets left from our group buy pricing... Total price for front and rear is $200.84 plus shipping... Just e-mail me your shipping information and you can call me with a credit card...

ChicagoCTS32
04-12-06, 09:29 AM
Anything for a Non-V James?

CIWS
04-12-06, 10:43 AM
I need to go ahead and get a set to be replaced in the future, I hate the brake dust. But I'm at about 6700 miles and want to wait a little.
James got any idea a rough price range the dealerships charge to do a pad replacement if I already have the pads and the "old" ones aren't wore down yet (meaning no needed rotor work) ?

SBONES
04-12-06, 10:45 AM
james i hope all is well...the price he is giving you guys is good...I payed, through my local pro shop, around 300.

Lindsay Cadillac
04-12-06, 02:58 PM
Anything for a Non-V James?Just checked with the supplier. These same pads are available for a regular CTS also. They are a little less expensive; front pads HB439F.555 are $91.88 and rear pads HB440F.606 are $71.91, $163.79 total for both plus shipping...

stkshkr
04-12-06, 06:57 PM
Ordered mine today

50 4Ever
04-12-06, 11:44 PM
I have heard that Hawk pads are hard on rotors, from several people. When my pads wear our I'm going with Z-Rated pads from Performance Friction, I have these pads on my Corvette and even after a track day there is very little dust.

:thumbsup: