: New AutoZone/Jesse James commercial...

Playdrv4me
01-17-04, 09:59 PM
Has anyone seen the new AutoZone commercial featuring Jesse James? Ive been seeing it on the Speed Channel.

First of all... What in tarnation convinced Jesse James to do an AUTOZONE commercial!? That is so not his style, he even walked out on a hosting offer for JunkYard Wars at the last minute... hes pretty arrogant.

Secondly, what is that rediculous contraption hes driving? Its dragging ass and sparking all over the place (im sure for looks or the commercial but frankly it looks stupid), and its not even painted, its like a dull basecoat paint. Now im a fan of old cars and new ones, but that thing was pretty ugly, no matter whats under the hood...

Mad'lac
01-17-04, 10:22 PM
It's all about the $$$$$ Kinda looks like he sold out on his "Rebel" personality. But hell....I'm sure he got paid major $$$$ to do it.

Playdrv4me
01-17-04, 10:25 PM
lol, my favorite part is the way he sounds. you can sense the "i dont give a crap about this commercial" feeling under his voice.

MMNineInchNails
01-17-04, 10:49 PM
Yeah he had a small roll in the movie torque too.

Stoneage_Caddy
01-17-04, 11:52 PM
that bastard became a sellout the first time discovery channel came back to his shop with this grad idea about monsters garage , everytime he does something else for tv i loose even more respect for him , AKA sell out .

he was cool as hell in that first documentary in the discovery channel , now the poor sucker ammounts to a tool

DUDE I CANNOT SAY B-A-S-T-A-R-D !!! it gets replaced with "naughty boy" , whats up with that ? going back to primary setting ..basturd

Mad'lac
01-18-04, 01:58 AM
that naughty boy became a sellout the first time discovery channel came back to his shop with this grad idea about monsters garage , everytime he does something else for tv i loose even more respect for him , AKA sell out .

he was cool as hell in that first documentary in the discovery channel , now the poor sucker ammounts to a tool

DUDE I CANNOT SAY B-A-S-T-A-R-D !!! it gets replaced with "naughty boy" , whats up with that ? going back to primary setting ..basturd:histeric: You can thank the Power That Be for that one :histeric: You could always say it this way b@$t@rd

Playdrv4me
01-18-04, 02:55 AM
that naughty boy became a sellout the first time discovery channel came back to his shop with this grad idea about monsters garage , everytime he does something else for tv i loose even more respect for him , AKA sell out .

DUDE I CANNOT SAY B-A-S-T-A-R-D !!! it gets replaced with "naughty boy" , whats up with that ? going back to primary setting ..basturd

Yea, and when I hate him the most is when he tries to act like the king who can do no wrong and talks to the people on monster garage like they are lesser beings... "You think this is funny huh... yea well this is my show you know... you can just leave you !##@$" ...how immature.

Mad'lac
01-18-04, 12:23 PM
Yea, and when I hate him the most is when he tries to act like the king who can do no wrong and talks to the people on monster garage like they are lesser beings... "You think this is funny huh... yea well this is my show you know... you can just leave you !##@$" ...how immature.Yeah like one of the more recent shows where it was ok for him to pick on the guys but when they all ganged up on him and made fun of him and the project, he had to stop the work and asked them what the deal was and that there was no need to pick on him and the project :rolleyes: He can dish it out but can't take it.
I rather watch American Chopper and also hope Discovery offers Billy Lane his own show. I think Billy got more talent then Jesse anyway. Hell he made this rear hubless wheel. If you look closely at the exhaust in the second pic you will notice he got a flamethrower set-up :lildevil: My kind of bike builder :devil:
http://www.choppersinc.com/projectbikes/assets/images/hublessknuck/raw/done1001.jpg
http://www.choppersinc.com/projectbikes/assets/images/hublessknuck/raw/done1004.jpg

Stoneage_Caddy
01-18-04, 01:01 PM
your right that bike and the bike he did in the biker build off witht he exaust in the fender were boath really diffrent from other choppers

Mad'lac
01-18-04, 03:16 PM
your right that bike and the bike he did in the biker build off witht he exaust in the fender were boath really diffrent from other choppers
I have a great deal of respect for Billy Lane because he tries to be original with his ideas or at least use ideas that are not so common.

Brett
01-18-04, 05:16 PM
The fender exhaust was cool(actually HOT), but far from practical. I realize practicality is the last thing on your mind when you buy a custom bike, but that might have been a little extreme.

Vesicant
01-18-04, 07:47 PM
The car he was driving in the Auto Zone Commercial ( Im pretty much a fan of Jesse, his clean looking bikes... and i almost e-mailed him about it)...

"F*ckin it' up again"... is the name of his ride, he has many projects like that one... auto zone probably wouldnt have liked to shown the rear end of it too which is why you never saw it.. because its name is basted on the trunk.

Mad'lac
01-18-04, 08:07 PM
The car he was driving in the Auto Zone Commercial ( Im pretty much a fan of Jesse, his clean looking bikes... and i almost e-mailed him about it)...

"F*ckin it' up again"... is the name of his ride, he has many projects like that one... auto zone probably wouldnt have liked to shown the rear end of it too which is why you never saw it.. because its name is basted on the trunk.http://www.westcoastchoppers.com (http://www.westcoastchoppers.com/images/cars/****initupagain/b.gif) Look under WHIPS and you'll see his cars.