: Warranty repair already

Chosen1
04-11-06, 10:46 AM
OK...ive been lurking for months now reading everyones informative comments. I wanted to post a week ago when I got my new 2006 Stealth Gray V. :bouncy: call me lazy. What a beautiful car...guess who is getting to the merge first now...and yes it a caddy mr BMW. :stirpot:

At any rate, 2 days after ownership, i noticed a drip coming from the diff. Im thinking UhOh...its starting already. After using the search, found that it was more common, so no worries. its at the dealer now.

So the question is, how long have you had your new V before needing warranty work done? Ive got 2 days and 200 miles.

C1

EDIT: spelling

Flyboy
04-11-06, 10:55 AM
Congratulations on your new car.

Shouldn't be having problems already with the diff.....especially since you've got the "new" one.

Maybe Getrag just built a defective unit.

Stay on top of it in case it doesn't get repaired properly.

Enjoy.......!!!! We all do.

Chosen1
04-11-06, 11:00 AM
im thinking that is it just a mis-seated seal or something. I took a look underneath and that is where the wetness is at. Again...im not concerned at this point...now if I am back at the dealer next week...im throwing up the red flag.

Kadonny
04-11-06, 11:20 AM
Welcome, a fellow Stealth Gray owner here!

I have had mine for 3 weeks now, back in shop right now. I burned 4 quarts of oil in 900 miles. That scares me a hell of a lot more than a leaking diff. Consider yourself lucky. GM says the LS2s have not had any oil burning problems.

urbanski
04-11-06, 11:31 AM
06 diffs seem to leak fluid from the top vent hole

Chosen1
04-11-06, 11:52 AM
I burned 4 quarts of oil in 900 miles. GM says the LS2s have not had any oil burning problems.

Damn...Ive been checking the oil as well...and no level drop...thank god.

Chosen1
04-11-06, 11:59 AM
06 diffs seem to leak fluid from the top vent hole

If it was leaking from the vent hole, wouldnt the entire diff show leakage? Mine was showing wetness from the driver side of the diff.

CIWS
04-11-06, 01:03 PM
:welcome: to the forum and Congrats on the new V. Try to break the car and engine in right, although sometimes the temptations can be hard to resist. :)

Might just be a drippy 06, or even a bad part. As long as they are addressing it and take care of you (don't blow you off) that's a good thing.

Chosen1
04-11-06, 03:16 PM
Well...it wasnt a bad part but a missing part :eek: ...it was missing the vent plug... so much for quality control...atleast I got a free detail for my troubles.