: speakers in 87 cadillac brougham

caddieman
04-11-06, 10:34 AM
Soo i am trying to upgrade my speakers in the front left and right dashboard but can not get to them. the covers are part of the dash and ive tried getting the dash off but i still cant get to them do i need to take it to the shop to have the upgrade or could i do it??

AElayyat
04-11-06, 12:50 PM
Soo i am trying to upgrade my speakers in the front left and right dashboard but can not get to them. the covers are part of the dash and ive tried getting the dash off but i still cant get to them do i need to take it to the shop to have the upgrade or could i do it??

There is a total of 8 screws holding the dash pad in place. 2 in each defroster vent, 1 on each end of the dash when you open the door you see the ones I mean. And the last two are a bit tricky. If you look by the speedometer cluster there is a long screw going into the dash and a similar one on the other side of the dash that you get through the glove box, using the access hole.

caddieman
04-13-06, 10:28 AM
thanks man i never would have found those two screws in the cluster and glove box

creeker
04-15-06, 06:39 PM
This was great timing for me too, I have a 1980 coupe dev. that I want to replace speakers in, I found the ones in the ends of dashboard and the ones in the vents,but didn't know about the other ones, hopefully my 80 is the same as 87. Tnx. again

AElayyat
04-15-06, 06:47 PM
This should be the same for the full size RWD Caddys from 77-92. Good luck with the install.

CoupeDevilleRob
04-15-06, 08:02 PM
The one in the glove box SUCKS, especially to get back in. I hope you guys have patience.

creeker
04-15-06, 09:24 PM
Do you think it would be easier to remove glovebox liner to get screw out
and in, I've already had the glovebox liner out trying to get to speaker,it's not that bad.

AElayyat
04-15-06, 09:37 PM
Do you think it would be easier to remove glovebox liner to get screw out
and in, I've already had the glovebox liner out trying to get to speaker,it's not that bad.

Yup. It will only take an extra minuite to take out the glove box linner, and it saves you a lot frustration.