: 06 CTS-V is rated Excellent by consumer report

Devil_concours
04-11-06, 08:32 AM
Anyone have full subscription?
http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/ConsumerReportsSnapshot.aspx?year=2006&make=Cadillac&model=CTS&car=1
According to the link cts-v is rated extremely high in consumer report which is known for trashing the domestics (they rated toyota matrix much higher than its identical twin pontiac vibe due to nameplate)

V-SATX
04-11-06, 10:10 AM
Anyone have full subscription?
http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/ConsumerReportsSnapshot.aspx?year=2006&make=Cadillac&model=CTS&car=1
According to the link cts-v is rated extremely high in consumer report which is known for trashing the domestics (they rated toyota matrix much higher than its identical twin pontiac vibe due to nameplate)

That is an exceptional rating. :)

Luna.
04-11-06, 02:31 PM
Shouldn't mean much to many on this board, as Consumer Reports seems to be detested by many...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/68053-consumer-reports.html?highlight=consumer+reports

As such, no "hoorays" from any of you guys... :)

L.A.P.D.
04-11-06, 05:24 PM
That's amazing!!! They usually hate American cars.

Shawn

arr0gant
04-11-06, 05:54 PM
The CTS feels taut and agile, and it handles like a real sports sedan. The ride is firm but supple and effectively absorbs bumps, and the cabin is quiet. Some interior details are annoying, such as the lack of a passenger grab handle and the seat-mounted safety belts, and some interior materials feel cheap. Controls for the trip computer and the traction control are difficult to use. The seat-mounted front safety belts are uncomfortable for some drivers, and the steering wheel doesn't telescope. The 2.8-liter V6 is smooth and refined; the 3.6-liter is stronger. The automatic is very smooth and responsive. Reliability has been average, allowing us to recommend the CTS.

http://law.wustl.edu/ComputerSupport/gant/cts-cr-1.jpg

http://law.wustl.edu/ComputerSupport/gant/cts-CR.jpg

CIWS
04-11-06, 05:54 PM
So instead of making first class Superbowl commercials this year, G.M. slipped Consumer Reports the extra green.....

ctsvett
04-11-06, 07:01 PM
Ok, so I have never liked consumer reports. i work for a Product manufacturer and have dealt with them before. There testing methods are WAY off (on almost everything)....

That said, this is a decent review. HOWEVER, if you read the above ratings closely, you will see why they are morons.... Has anyone every complained about the headlights?!?! I love the headlights...

What is Confusing multifunction displays? "Controls for the trip computer and the traction control are difficult to use." Are you kidding me. That is the most simple part. They should rag on the Nav if they want to pick on something. I can VERY easily reset my trip computer.

personally, I love the seat belts. Some here may disagree, but I love that I dont have the belt choking me coming from the B pillar. Way more comfortable for me (I am not tall though).

I can think of a few "pesky oversights" but none are major (and we beat them to death here): Locking fuel door, Poor location for brake release (can anyone say hood), I will give them the passenger grab handle (Especially the way I drive).

Oh, and what is body integrity?

That's just my take... I am indeed surprised and delighted that they gave GM (or any American car for that matter) a good review, but most of you owners here can now see why consumer reports magazine is a sham.

/rant off

Reed

GT04CTS-V
04-11-06, 07:10 PM
Yeah, and the model they tested was a 2004 CTS-V - WTF

GT

Ziplicon Tuesday
04-11-06, 08:24 PM
"The seat-mounted front safety belts are uncomfortable for some drivers,"

Actually, the point of the seat mounted seat belts is added safety in the event of an occupied seat being ejected from the vehicle - don't they realize that?

rand49er
04-11-06, 10:11 PM
Ok, so I have never liked consumer reports. i work for a Product manufacturer and have dealt with them before. There testing methods are WAY off (on almost everything)....

That said, this is a decent review. HOWEVER, if you read the above ratings closely, you will see why they are morons.... Has anyone every complained about the headlights?!?! I love the headlights...

What is Confusing multifunction displays? "Controls for the trip computer and the traction control are difficult to use." Are you kidding me. That is the most simple part. They should rag on the Nav if they want to pick on something. I can VERY easily reset my trip computer.

personally, I love the seat belts. Some here may disagree, but I love that I dont have the belt choking me coming from the B pillar. Way more comfortable for me (I am not tall though).

I can think of a few "pesky oversights" but none are major (and we beat them to death here): Locking fuel door, Poor location for brake release (can anyone say hood), I will give them the passenger grab handle (Especially the way I drive).

Oh, and what is body integrity?

That's just my take... I am indeed surprised and delighted that they gave GM (or any American car for that matter) a good review, but most of you owners here can now see why consumer reports magazine is a sham.

/rant off

ReedYeah that ... IN SPADES!!!!!! :highfive:

roadracerx72
04-12-06, 02:27 AM
"The seat-mounted front safety belts are uncomfortable for some drivers,"

Actually, the point of the seat mounted seat belts is added safety in the event of an occupied seat being ejected from the vehicle - don't they realize that?

:histeric: :histeric: :histeric:

Tuner@A&ACorvette
04-12-06, 02:30 AM
I'm not surprised. Awesome ride!

David W. Bailey
04-12-06, 06:30 AM
And in this same issue of Consumer Reports, at least one Mercedes Benz model takes a hit for reliability!

A little respect finally for Cadillac?

alcast082
04-12-06, 10:48 AM
This is just dumb, Or the person typing it had plenty of typo's

If they are giving a review for an 06 with a 6 liter , why test an 04 with a 5.7, different fuel economy blablabla

It just doesn't make sense that a mag that supposedly does its research would screw up that bad, come on.
good review but for an 04, this should have been published two years ago, or hey dummy jump on an 06, not like consumer reports can't get a new v come on.:thepan:

James Baldwin
04-12-06, 02:24 PM

Locking fuel door, Poor location for brake release (can anyone say hood),

Reed

ohhhhh, if I could count the times over the past few months that I have done that... :helpless: