: Specter Bushings In/ GM Bushings Out

ssmith100
04-10-06, 02:52 PM
Had my GM bushings replaced with the Specters. Four of the GM bushings came out in pieces. They have been installed about seven months.

Car still has slight hop at higher RPM but nothing like the GM's. The biggest positive is..............no more squeeking. To those that have thought about changing to the Specter's, just do it.

Shane

ctsvflorida
04-10-06, 02:59 PM
Had my GM bushings replaced with the Specters. Four of the GM bushings came out in pieces. They have been installed about seven months.

Car still has slight hop at higher RPM but nothing like the GM's. The biggest positive is..............no more squeeking. To those that have thought about changing to the Specter's, just do it.

Shane

My GM bushing sound like they are in pieces after only 2 months! How much are the spectre bushings and where might I get them. Doesn't Rick (stealth V) have them? One question...when the GM bushing were first installed, they worked better, I thought! I thought they were fine actually but now, it is a little more hop and the noise is sickening! Do the spectre bushings get rid of more hop than the GM's, when they were new, or is it just the noise that is better and the hop is similar?

rand49er
04-10-06, 03:07 PM
... How much are the spectre bushings and where might I get them ... ?:yeah:

Kadonny
04-10-06, 03:17 PM
Get a hold of James at Lindsay. He did a group purchase of them a few weeks back and he might have a few sets left over.

From what I have heard, they are gobs better than the GM since they are much beefier than the GM bushings.

I ordered a set but they did not fit on my 06 so I sold them to another member.

AmesCTS-V
04-10-06, 03:17 PM
I ordered them from Specter last summer and never got around to putting them in. I read something about needing a re-alignment after putting them in and that sounded like too much work. Maybe I'll get it done this spring.

ctsvflorida
04-10-06, 03:47 PM
I ordered them from Specter last summer and never got around to putting them in. I read something about needing a re-alignment after putting them in and that sounded like too much work. Maybe I'll get it done this spring.

How much guys? Anyone?

AmesCTS-V
04-10-06, 03:53 PM
Seems like it was $200 or around there. I called and ordered direct with Spectre.

austin
04-10-06, 06:39 PM
This is an absolute must do mod. :)

AmesCTS-V
04-10-06, 06:58 PM
Did everyone do a re-alignment or just not worry about it.?

Staxxin
04-10-06, 07:00 PM
Lindsay installed mine and they didn't do an alignment.

austin
04-10-06, 07:06 PM
The Alignment is not effected, and is not needed unless your due for one. :)

Kadonny
04-11-06, 07:39 AM
Retail is $ 250.00, group purchase price was $ 225.00

homer403
04-11-06, 08:57 AM
I am soooo tired of the creaking noise back there... are the Specter any better at the noise? Also, are anyone else out there found a solution to the nosie with the GM bushings?

Staxxin
04-11-06, 09:40 AM
The creaking went away but a loud annoying clunking arrived. I would rather have the creaking then the clunking I now have! I can't forget to mention the WHINE, the freaking WHINING DIFF!!!! These annoyances are going to drive me insane!!!!

ssmith100
04-11-06, 09:54 AM
Specter's, no noise. I did have an alignment done though.

Shane

SBONES
04-11-06, 09:56 AM
where and when does the clunk happen...pulling out, shifting at high rpm....the only clunk i have is if i let the clutch out to quick. its like a thud clunk. not a metal clunk...if you let the clutch out slow and match the rpm, youll never hear anything.

Staxxin
04-11-06, 10:03 AM
where and when does the clunk happen...pulling out, shifting at high rpm....the only clunk i have is if i let the clutch out to quick. its like a thud clunk. not a metal clunk...if you let the clutch out slow and match the rpm, youll never hear anything.

I hear clunking every time the clutch is engaged and disengaged but I didn't hear it with the GM bushings.

Luna.
04-11-06, 11:33 AM
I believe when you have the shocks replaced (say, like when going from stock to FGs2), you are supposed to have a wheel alignment. I have, however, never heard of that being required with a simple change of a bushing. Perhaps a technician can chime in here. :)