: Wildwhl Needs your help - a shock.

wildwhl
04-09-06, 08:16 PM
Guess I overtorqued the top of one of the FG2's. Spun it in half just minutes ago.

So, I need either:

1 FG2 front shock or
1 FE4 front shock.

I had a pair of FE4's but UPS put a big hole in the box and one fell out on the way back to me.

Anybody want to help?

WW

CVP33
04-09-06, 09:04 PM
Ugh! I can't even joke with you about this. This kind of stuff just drives me nuts. When I ordered my BB exhaust they left it in the neighbor's driveway. I ordered some emblems from GMPartsDirect and they delivered to another neighbor. Scary part was I had to go ask the neighbor for the delivery. They had it for two days. Hmmmm. Call it an integrity test, they failed miserably.

VELOSE
04-09-06, 11:30 PM
If I had a spare strut/shock laying around, it'd be in the mail tomorrow but, I don't. Someone help the man.

wildwhl
04-09-06, 11:56 PM
Upon closer inspection I can repair this with some quality welding (something I'm not so good at). I'll give it a shot tomorrow...providing the riggers installing my new machine at work don't totally F up my day. Pretty unsafe to drive at the moment, but I went and drove a new StealthV tune because I couldn't resist.

Holy Shit...Rick has really got something now :thumbsup:

WW

wildwhl
04-10-06, 09:17 PM
Edit:

Thanks calicadi

WW

calicadi
04-10-06, 09:21 PM
I still have my stock shocks sitting in a box in the garage. Can you use?

wildwhl
04-10-06, 09:27 PM
I would be HAPPY to purchase all or a portion of your stock shocks (FE4). Please PM me...

WW

DILLIGAF
04-10-06, 10:08 PM
Post a pic of that shock Wild,can't,didn't,hmmmm.Sounds like a challenge to me.Randy

wildwhl
04-10-06, 10:12 PM
Randy -

I welded it and it would probably work...but probably doesn't cut it in a car that puts well over 400 hp/tq to the streets.

WW

DILLIGAF
04-10-06, 10:16 PM
If you change your mind,send it to me.Shocks typically have shitty mild steel for stems.If theres enough meat left up there,it would be better than new.Offer stands

wildwhl
04-10-06, 10:29 PM
Randy - thanks for the offer...if I can't find another solution I might take you up on it. It just happens the break is right where the threads are - and basically where the nut needs to go (the other nut, not me).

WW

rgd
04-11-06, 12:20 AM
Hey Wldwhl,

No time so I didn't read the whole thred. But, if you still need a fix I have a stock shock I can throw in a box and send off tomorrow. That would buy you time to fix your broken one. I would eventually like the shock back if possible. Never know these may become collectables one day. I'm saving the stock set-up as much as possible. :highfive:

Anyway let me know, I'll check back later to see if you need the shock.

Thanks,

rgd AKA Bob

Guess I overtorqued the top of one of the FG2's. Spun it in half just minutes ago.

So, I need either:

1 FG2 front shock or
1 FE4 front shock.

I had a pair of FE4's but UPS put a big hole in the box and one fell out on the way back to me.

Anybody want to help?

WW

wildwhl
04-11-06, 12:23 AM
rgd -

Thanks. I'm going to drop in one FE4 and have a mismatched front set until I can fix/locate another FG2...don't think I want to give up the impressive handling the FG2 offer.

Thanks again everyone.

I feel :alchi: better now.

WW

Dooman
04-11-06, 06:17 AM
If you give UPS a good picture they can find your part. They warehouse the stuff they keep. They've been pretty good for my business in the past...

rgd
04-11-06, 12:08 PM
Hey Wildwhl,
All this brings a question to mind. Not trying to thred-jack but I am a little :Offtopic:, not too bad though.

When I was talking to GC about the latest news they told me you had a set of QA1 shocks but thought they sucked. Is that true, or was the guy I was talking to simply halucinating? AGAIN!

rgd

wildwhl
04-11-06, 03:04 PM
Halucinating...I have no QA1 shocks, today or any day in my life.

WW