: Avons Off-Bridgestones On

cts-v ls6
04-09-06, 05:56 PM
I put Avons on at 18212 miles, and off at 60270 miles. So I got 42000 miles from them with about 85% of that on the highway. They were all showing cord, all very badly cupped on the inside of the tires, and so loud they sounded like off-road jeep tires. These Avons (and the Bridgestones I put on) are unidirectional, meaning they can only be rotated front to back and not side to side (unless you wanted to hassle with remounting them ever so often and "flipping" them on the wheel) The local Firestone store had a one-day sale, buy one tire at full retail and get three for free, including balancing, mounting, etc. So I bought the Bridgestone Potenza tires, and even though they have no mileage warranty, the dealer told me he'd warranty them out if they didn't last, as long as he did the tire rotation, etc. Fine with me. I just want a tire that lasts and doesn't get so loud at 70mph I can't hear the radio. I'll let y'all know how things go.

Jack

thebigjimsho
04-09-06, 10:18 PM
There are a whole heck of a lotta different Potenzas. Which ones did you get???

SoFlaV
04-10-06, 07:03 PM
Dude..you've already got 60K on your V? You must be a road warrior. As for the Avons, 42K isn't bad at all. What kind were they, and how did they handle prior to the wear at the end?