: Hotchkiss Swaybar road/track evaluation.

L.Sanchez
04-09-06, 04:03 PM
Got my bars last Wednesday and had them on the next day. Friday I was going to Buttonwillow Raceway, so I also went and had a more aggresive alignment so that I wouldn't tear my Falkens to shreds.

Alignment specs were as follows:

Front Camber: Left -1.4 Right -1.5
Rear Camber: Left -1.5 Right -1.7
Toe : 0.0

I can't remember the Caster numbers off hand.

There is banked onramp I go down often and the best g numbers I managed with the stock FG2 Suspension withe Falken RT615's was 1.20 left and 1.13 right. With the new alignment and bars I'm now up to 1.26 and 1.20. The car obviously is delivering more grip but with no additional noise or discomfort in ride. The car doesn't pull to either side at all and where I felt like I was scrubbing the tires without the alignment, now I feel them dig in and bite with the alignment.

At Buttonwillow, the car performed amazing. It was jsut a test day, but I enjoyed it immensely. It was the first time out with the V and the car shocked me and a few others there including a guy in an AWD Porsche that took a ride with me during one of my sessions. The Hotchkiss bars kept the car incredibly stable through any of the esses and through alot of the track. I'm Very happy with these mods and what they cost me.

George, who I can't remember your screen name, thanks again for showing me the line around the track and orienting me. Appreciate it! And to the other guys that don't want to be known, nice meeing ya too! :)

Next time we need more V's out there! We had a couple of people coming up and asking us about our cars and if we were a club or what.

Bottom line, if you were on the fence about the bars, get them. You won't regret it. Great performance increase for your money with no drawbacks that I can see. As for the alignment, I'm going to leave it. We'll see how my tires wear even if I'm a more aggresive driver. I'm sure I'll have even wear now though.

Oh, a note on the Falkens, After almost 1.5 hours of track time, my tires were perfect. Right temps, equal wear, and they never let up after long periods of track time. I'm VERY happy with the Falkens too. I thought that either the brakes or tires would be first to give and I didn't have issues with either. Course, I was mostly at 9/10's, but I really got on it a few consecutive laps, and had no issues.

I LOVE THIS CAR.

Ladis

L.Sanchez
04-10-06, 03:19 PM
Jeez. Thought some of the drivers here might have something to say about all this?? I guess I don't have enough Zaino on my car. Damn.

Seattle CTS-V
04-10-06, 05:45 PM
Awesome write-up! I'm going to try and get my bars installed this Friday. I have a track day lined up for the 24th at Pacific Raceways in Kent, WA. Gonna see how many times I can lap my buddy in his 350Z.

VELOSE
04-11-06, 02:10 AM
Sanchez, I guess that's what I'll be doing then. I'll go get some sticky tires on the stocks and get a performance alignment. I've been wondering what to do for my next mod. This will have to be it. ;)

PneuBird
04-11-06, 09:23 AM
Excellent write-up L Sanchas. Great alignment # for us to us on the track the summer. What tires are you happy with on the track?? :worship:

thebigjimsho
04-12-06, 12:34 PM
Hoosier Grand Am Cup slicks!:bouncy:

Panzerleder
04-12-06, 11:28 PM
Nice write-up L. Sanchez. Hey, I remember you from the LS1 boards. You helped me sort out the suspension on my 2000 Camaro SS. I love the Camaro, but have been looking longingly at the CTS-V. You have both (Firebird instead of Camaro). How do they compare? The published performance numbers are all virtually identical. The only difference is that the Caddy is about 400 lbs heavier.