: You guys read this stuff????

CadillacSTS42005
04-09-06, 10:49 AM
http://www.caddyinfo.com/performancereports.htm

can you guys believe some of the times these people are getting are they complete bs like i think they are???

danbuc
04-09-06, 01:02 PM
Pretty much all of those runs were measured using a G-tech....and an old one at that. They are never as accurate as running the car down the track. I've seen that page countless times, and have yet to see a single timeslip (except for Mark99STS) from a car that was running those times.

Zorb750
04-09-06, 02:17 PM
I've seen 14.4 and 14.5 out of a 1996 STS (the same car both timed) at Milan.

I have a Gtech Pro and a Gtech Comp (the tri-axial machine)

If you don't have the Pro perfectly anchored, it can give really screwy readings. Usually indicating too fast a time.

I built a mount for my Jeep for it where it literally cannot move at all, has screw trim adjusters to level it. For the Cadillac, I bought a universal radar detector mount, which improved accuracy significantly. the included mount is garbage and flexes too much. As soon as the front (display) end of the unit dips downward, the clock races.

Try it yourself, go for a 3.5 0-60 on a minivan or truck or otherwise slow vehicle. It will happen if you touch the top of the gtech at the front with its stock mount while accelerating. Of course, that "60" will come up at about 35, but whatever. If I do this on my Grand's hard mount, it doesn't happen. If I do it on the RadioShack Universal Radar Detector mount, it happens much less.

The Gtech Competition has a much better bracket and does NOT do this.

danbuc
04-09-06, 10:56 PM
What was the trap speed on that 14.4 1/4 mile run? There's no way that car was stock if it was running times that fast.

CadillacSTS42005
04-10-06, 02:10 PM
hence what i was saying i mean christ sake some of those times are keeping up with marks sts!!!

eldorado1
04-10-06, 02:37 PM
This BS estimation crap has got to stop.

"But I measured on the G-tech, and it told me I have 350whp.."

yeah, ok. Spend the $50 and put it on a dyno. Lets see what you have then. Same with 1/4 mile times. Spend the $20 and take it to the track. Until you do either/or, at best you have an estimate, at worst a WAG.