: Cadillac HID Conversion on 04 GTO

DevilYellow
01-17-04, 12:23 AM
The 04 GTO's have crappy halogen projector beams ....

I want to get the XLR lens, bulbs, and wiring/ballasts

Can this be done easily...

Can this be done plug and play

Please help

Thanks!!!

DevilYellow
01-17-04, 09:48 AM
...the projector lights use a H11 bulb. I really was hoping to a complete setup so that I am doing it right and not just adapting bulbs to fit.

Vesicant
01-17-04, 10:36 AM
Does this also mean you just bought the new GTO? Sweeet :lildevil:

gothicaleigh
01-17-04, 11:02 AM
You will have to replace the projector beams, wiring harness, mounts, and add a power supply for it to work. True Xenon HID lighting like those found in the new Cadillacs is a completely different electrical system than normal halogens. It's not something you can just 'swap out'. Each of the new HID systems are designed for the car they're in too as it projects a 'cutoff' at a certain height so as to not blind on-coming traffic. That is why there is a noticeable difference between factory HID sets and aftermarket mods.

I'm surprised that Pontiac didn't include Xenons as an option on their new GTO.

DevilYellow
01-17-04, 10:51 PM
yup...

www.ls1gto.com/mygto

I was looking for the inards of the projector housings maybe, but pretty much a re-based H11 HID bulb, then the ballasts and what not. I will problably just get a kit, but thought maybe I could use the caddy parts.

The only option on the GTO is what trans you get.

Thanks

DevilYellow
01-19-04, 01:02 PM
xxxxx

Stoneage_Caddy
01-19-04, 02:23 PM
i would also have to say that you may need new headlamp buckets , i have seen on some conversions that the hid setup will melt/ignite stock plastic buckets that were not intened for hid use

BTW congrats on owning one of my favorite cars , one day ill be able to swing those payments

kempie
01-19-04, 06:34 PM
Check out: http://www.hidtech.com/
They will refit the correct projector lense into your headlight housings w/HID.
I have a 9006 HID kit in the STS and it is very much better than stock. Only trouble w/kits is that it may become difficult to find replacement bulbs as kits are becoming even more illegal.

DevilYellow
01-19-04, 09:37 PM
hrmmm ...

I might just buy the HID housings with projectors from austrailia ....

ChiMick
02-03-04, 06:23 PM
The 04 GTO's have crappy halogen projector beams ....
Hm, I wonder if Sylvania has a SilverStar lamp for your GTO....

(psst: My project car is a 1969 GTO Convertible...)