: What is TSB 99-06-04-053?

04-09-06, 02:05 AM
I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this question. But I (I have a 4.9L) don't get this TSB for my car, so I assume this is for N*s...

Does anybody know what this:

TSB 99-06-04-053, Powertrain Control Module Reprogramming,

is for?

Details?

Thank you very much!

FrankT
04-09-06, 10:14 AM
Hello 100,
This is just an informational bulletin, it recommends to NOT reinstall the same software and/or calibration into the powertrain control module. Only do so it and updated flash has been released.
Frank

FrankT
04-09-06, 10:14 AM
Hello 100,
This is just an informational bulletin, it recommends to NOT reinstall the same software and/or calibration into the powertrain control module. Only do so it and updated flash has been released.
Frank

04-09-06, 07:30 PM
It turned out that actually this does apply to my car as well. So, not out of my curiosity, but I do need to know details, I suppose.

Well, thanks, Frank, but do you know "why" this TSB has been issued? I do know since it is just a TSB, it does not affect the functonality of the car seriously if I don't take care of this TSB. But I do know it is always a good idea to take care of it if I can...

Thank you again!

eldorado1
04-09-06, 09:59 PM
I don't know the details about this specific bulletin, but they frequently release updated code as they fix and find problems. For instance, they might find that the fan kick on causes too much of a dip in rpm's, so they'll change a parameter to open the IAC a bit more. Usually they're minor things, as I'd suspect this one is.

FrankT
04-09-06, 10:50 PM
It turned out that actually this does apply to my car as well. So, not out of my curiosity, but I do need to know details, I suppose.

Well, thanks, Frank, but do you know "why" this TSB has been issued? I do know since it is just a TSB, it does not affect the functonality of the car seriously if I don't take care of this TSB. But I do know it is always a good idea to take care of it if I can...
Thank you again!

100 Your welcome,
The reason this bulletin was released was to prevent the dealerhips from reprogramming the control module with the same download files that already exist in the module, this would accomplish a warranty claim for a non-effective repair.

So there is no updates or fixes with this bulliten.

Have a great day, there no need for concern here. :)
Frank

04-09-06, 11:22 PM
Thanks eldorado1 and Frank.

First time, Frank's explanation was a bit too vague to me (sorry, English is not my native language and English here is not quite like what I saw in English textbooks, you know?). But after reading your second explanation, it perfectly makes sense now. Sorry that I made you to explain the same thing twice and thanks much!

eldorado1, I wish all TSB are like what you said. But tricky part I think is that sometimes one of those seems like if it is implemented, a little problem you have been annoyed may be solved. But you never know and for some reasons, these TSB are not open to public, right?

Anyway, thanks guys!