: How do you get the damn sticky things off???

laurentkm2
01-16-04, 05:05 PM
On the trunk of Cadillacs, the dealer puts their name on the car. They don't bolt the dealer name, but stick them on.

Any suggestions on getting the name off without ruining the paint??

LM

ipncjh1
01-16-04, 05:13 PM
Lauren,
Use a hair dryer to heat the sticker (it softens the glue) and peel it off carefully while heating. Take your time be careful not to burn your fingers. This will work, I have done it with stickers 10 years old! You may have to peel one letter at a time.

I did one once and the name of the city was about 15 letters and they were VERY tiny. Took about 1/2 hour to get them all off.!

Mad'lac
01-16-04, 05:47 PM
Lauren,
Use a hair dryer to heat the sticker (it softens the glue) and peel it off carefully while heating. Take your time be careful not to burn your fingers. This will work, I have done it with stickers 10 years old! You may have to peel one letter at a time.

I did one once and the name of the city was about 15 letters and they were VERY tiny. Took about 1/2 hour to get them all off.!
You could also use regular fishing wire with the hair dryer to get them off. Thats how the Big Dealerships remove the nameplate of other dealers to be replaced with their own.