: newbie too

pocomania
01-16-04, 04:00 PM
Just wanted to say that I am looking forward to being a member of the Cad group. For those wanting to know about engine swaps, know that any Buick, Pontiac or Olds engine along with Cadillac will swap. A real good swap for the 4.1, 4.5 or 4.9 engines is the Buick 3.8 v6. Why? Because there are plenty of speed parts, it fits the TH200R4 transmissions, it makes more horsepower than the 4.1 or the 4.5, and it will get better gas mileage. The Buick 350 is also another good swap and it is lighter than any other 350ci engine. Plus all buicks have their distributors up front.
For those in the NM area a good rebuilder of the 4.1 engines - acknowledged by Cadillac - is Don Best Automotive. Located in Albuquerque, they will upgrade the seals and gaskets and they do offer a 3 year warranty. My '83 Fleetwood Brougham D'legance has a 4.1 and gets 19 city and 28 highway with over 140k miles. I will be swapping it out for a Buick motor and will change the seats to later model Cad leather buckets. No need for anything else as it is comfortable to drive and I have already upgraded the suspension. Bye for now.:welcome: :worship:

elwesso
01-16-04, 04:20 PM
Welcome aboard... Thanks for signing up !!

Keep us updated on your project....

CADDYBLACK99
01-16-04, 04:32 PM
Welcome to the board!
Good information about engine swaps.